Cricket 2005: Bowling Simplicity

yea what's the secret of bowling out a team under 10 runs.

even i know a method which dosent give away any runs !! the batsman plays shot and gets out even with a medium pacer like ganguly !!! but i dont like it

mohsinshahzad84 said:
i know the secret method and i m doing the same thing but with that the fun of bowling is gone. U should ball full tosses and take the bowling cursor behind the stumps and u can either bowled or lbw the batsman. i m constantly using this on xbox.

Well just don't use it if you aren't enjoying the bowling anymore, it's not that hard to avoid it. I know about it and I just don't bowl that ball. Just try bowling properly, i'm finding it really rewarding when I get a wicket through a plan or whatever.

stevie said:
Well just don't use it if you aren't enjoying the bowling anymore, it's not that hard to avoid it. I know about it and I just don't bowl that ball. Just try bowling properly, i'm finding it really rewarding when I get a wicket through a plan or whatever.

As do I, just had a match with Essex, where I used Kaneria as part of a plan. Bowling constant leggies just outside off stump for 3 overs, then threw in a top spinner on off stump and got Vaughan LBW for not much. I like it when a plan comes together.

I was finding it hard to clean bowl people, I thought it was near impossible in C2005, I managed it with harmison on a no ball, but then I managed it 4 times in my test with SA, they had a lower order collapse. The most satisfying was kallis for 44 :D

I havent really got a method for always bowling people out and I dont want on, I like mixing it up and catching batsmen out (gibbs for 0 on the last ball of the 1st over) hehe

Has anyone had much success with the special deliverys? They dont seem that impressive, the only one Ive taken wickets with is the slower ball, bowledm LBW and caught. I have noticed it seems far to easy to get players out LBW. It was very rare for me in C2004 for but in C2005, even when you vary line and length, the always try to play a backfoot shot and miss hit it. :(

wifler said:
I was finding it hard to clean bowl people, I thought it was near impossible in C2005, I managed it with harmison on a no ball, but then I managed it 4 times in my test with SA, they had a lower order collapse. The most satisfying was kallis for 44 :D

I havent really got a method for always bowling people out and I dont want on, I like mixing it up and catching batsmen out (gibbs for 0 on the last ball of the 1st over) hehe

Has anyone had much success with the special deliverys? They dont seem that impressive, the only one Ive taken wickets with is the slower ball, bowledm LBW and caught. I have noticed it seems far to easy to get players out LBW. It was very rare for me in C2004 for but in C2005, even when you vary line and length, the always try to play a backfoot shot and miss hit it. :(

I am on my 8th or so match and never had one LBW shout!!!

I don't have a clue why or anything, I also find it hard to bowl people out. I can bowl people out with spinners but never with paceman.

Hmm I'm the opposite, cant bowl people out with spinners, did it with giles once in a ODI but it was a no ball. Thats another thing, I give away far too many extras :D

When I bowled my four, anderson got 2, flintoff got 1 and harmison got 1. I hoped it would be fairly easier to bowl out tail enders. I seem to remember all I did was bowl near to off stump and use an off cutter and dont use much swing at all, if any, and I took the pace out of some so the big hitters on high scores when for big shots and were completley done.

Ive had quite a lot of success with the Yorker playing with Harmison and Hoggard. I either get them caught or LBW.

I actually got an LBW with a yorker with gough, but it was in an ODI.

I can bowled out Middlesex (I was surrey) for 3 runs in a 20/20 match. Mark Butcher taking 8 wickets.

There is trick, but it will ruin the game. The good part is I have only gotten it to work on the medium difficulty level.

!!!!!!!BELOW SPOILER ALERT THAT RUINS THE GAME ON MEDIUM. YOU MUST HIGHLITE THE TEXT TO VIEW IT.!!!!!!

Pick any right arm medium bowler that can bowl the in cutter or off cutter. I usually pick the in cutter (bowl will always go towards the stumps) and vary it occasionally with the off cutter. Place the bowling cursor all the way down (as low as you can go) and place it just slightly outside the line of off stump. When the run up meter starts, add very little pace.
The batsmen will attempt to pull the ball on the back foot and will miss, hitting his pads. The bowling team will appeal and the LBW decision will be given as out. This works for both left and right handed batsmen. The key is mixing up the pace between very little pace and slightly a little more pace. When the batsmen will hit the ball (if they manage to) the ball will go straight towards square leg or deep mid wicket. Otherwise they will get hit in the head with the ball. hehe.

I tested this on hard and it does not seem to work. Though I will do some more testing later.

Users who are viewing this thread