Cricket 2005 Sound help

ash_2006

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi anyone can please tell me when i play cricket 2005 it cant play sound, my sound is Creative 5.1 anyone please help me

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
What kind of Creative 5.1 card do you have? Soundblaster or Audigy?

Good news: I use a Soundblaster Live 5.1 card and the sound is great.

Bad news: My friend had all sorts of trouble with his sound processor on his Intel 915P chipset. He had to reinstall windows and all drivers, blah, blah, blah... After that it all worked beautifully though.

ash_2006

School Cricketer
i have Creative 5.1 Soundblaster witrh 865 motherboard pentium 4 3.0 HT 800 MHz,1gb ram,Windows XP

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I have an 865 chipset too. First thing to check is that you have disabled the onboard sound processor (AC97 blah, blah, blah) in the BIOS. You sometimes get conflicts which cause annoying problems.

Then check what driver version and audio codecs you're using and compare them with mine (below). If that doesn't help, post again and I'll think again!

Attachments

• audio drivers.JPG
    audio drivers.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 29

ash_2006

School Cricketer
when i play other game like Tiger 2005 .cricket 2004 mvp base ball 2005 they all work fine the only problem comes with Cricket 2005 it is not playing any audio

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Given that you and I share some similar hardware, my advice would be to reinstall the operating system and start again from scratch. I know it's a pain but that's the only thing that worked for my friend. My sound works fine which suggests something's a little screwed up with your version.

Users who are viewing this thread