Cricket 22 tournaments? (XSS)

kedarmax

School Cricketer
Hi everyone,

I recently came across a group of people trying to make a tournament consisting xbox series X|S players for cricket 22. The rules seemed arbitrary and hence i wanted to check if planetcricket has ever hosted/hosts regular tournaments for cricket video games?

I tried to understand more about the PlanetCricket League, from the forum, but it isn't clear to me if the matches are fantasy, data simulation, video games, or something else entirely.

Anyway, all assistance is appreciated in regard to information about cricket video game tournaments that are connected to PlanetCricket.

Thanks!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The PC league is a mixture of fantasy and simulation. You, as a user decide what you are, for example I was a bowling all-rounder in the vein of Chris Harris. From there you are drafted into a team where a user, the more experienced guys manage it. And then teams are selected and are simulated. The results are posted and the banter begins!

Anything on reddit, I assume you were there, that has tournaments through whatsapp groups to connect should be avoided imo. Wouldn't trust it myself.

Wasteyouryouth ran a lockdown tournament a few years ago now but that was a one off.

kedarmax

School Cricketer
Thanks for replying!

I'm gonna have to sheepishly admit that that is exactly what I did, in joining a whatsapp group i found on reddit. I quickly realised that the rules were decided on the basis of the "who yells loudest" competition, and made an Irish exit.

I've been a keen follower of PlanetCricket, and seeing the quality of work by yourself, WYY, and others made me feel like I'd be doing myself a disservice by playing a tournament with unlicensed custom teams consisting individual custom players and normalised skills.

Anyway, I await the return of a legitimate cricket 22 tournament, but i have a feeling I'll be waiting for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread