Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

So far I am:

3 matches, 3 innings, 0 runs, 1 not out average 0.00

and 24 balls, 1 wicket, 22 runs avg 22.00

XD

Mate in India there's a lot of competition you can't just get in the side.Currently I play for Maharashtra Under 19's so now it's a hard journey ahead.

I know but I remember you saying somewhere your breaking into the under 19 Indian team or something like that. So I dont see how 37* is a great game for someone meant to be achieving great things in cricket atm.

I play in the State Under 19 Team.37* was great for me because the opposition had 4 State Players and 2 of them were bowlers

After MOTM in B grade last week, I was moved ito A Grade this week but ws dissapointed to find myself being 12th man.

They were 2/90 before collapsing to be al out fo 175. In return, we finished the day on 1/64. An interesting second day next week.

We took 9 wickets for 80 runs last Sunday, although they posted 77/1 the week before. Ended up losing by 2 wickets, so we batted again and made 157/4

All I did was field XD

Hello this is my season stats from u17's and seniors (1st XI);)

Matches;

U17's; 3
Seniors; 2

Batting;

Innings; 6
Runs; 263
AVG; 52.6
HS; 140 (Seniors)

Bowling;

Overs; 33
Maidens; 2
Wickets; 9
Runs; 136
Avg; 15.1
Economy Rate; 4.1
Best Bowling; 5-7 off 6 (Juniors)​

I took 5/19 today bowling my great leg spinners. That makes 7/23 in 2 games this season. That's quite a nice start.
In my first over I took 3 wickets. First wicket was caught at deepish square leg, next ball bowled the guy around his legs (If you read my last game, I did it then as well). Then for my hattrick ball I tried the toppy but it was a wide. Ahh well, I've already taken a hattrick before. :p Got another wicket 2 balls later. My 2nd over, I took another 2 wickets. My coach said that I had 4/4 at one stage. After 1.3 overs I had 5 wickets. :eek: I bowled pies for the next 4 overs and couldn't get my 6th wicket. But it's my best figures and I go MOTM. :)

My previous best was 4/14 from a couple of years ago.

We bowled em out for 101 and won by 39 runs.

Good bowling Sean. I had 3 dropped catches off my bowling, although I dropped one of them going down to my left. The two batsmen had a 100 run partnership and I could of had both of them. I've had 4 dropped catches off my bowling now this season :mad:

After MOTM in B grade last week, I was moved ito A Grade this week but ws dissapointed to find myself being 12th man.

They were 2/90 before collapsing to be al out fo 175. In return, we finished the day on 1/64. An interesting second day next week.

Well in the second over today, our opener broke his foot! He just went to go to run and he broke his foot. Absolutley disgusting injury and I have know idea how he managed to break it. That brought about a collapse and we were soon 6/75 but managed to make 100.

In reply, they made a very quick 1/125 off 15 overs (took the bowlers apart - nothing we could do) and they then tried to bowl us out in a session but we held out and made 4/65 in the 30 overs we had.

Someone who used to play for India U/19s who moved out to Australia was a sub fielder for us and took the most amazing catch I have ever seen. He didnt move, it looked like it was sailing over his head and then just jumped, leaning back and took it one handed full stretch and jumped about a metre in the air. He said he is friends with Y Singh!

Overall, the worst performace I have seen from our team in a long long time. Considering we won our competition last season, its disapointing that we have not had a win in three games to start this season.

Start of a new game today, and we had them at 6/120 but they ended up making 8/200 at stumps.

We would usually be able to chase this down with ease but our bats have not been up to scratch this season.

After they made 8/200 last week, we were batting well and were 0/50, but then lost 7/19 and made 93 and had to bat again. At the end of the day we were 3/52 off 30 overs in our second innings. The pitch was so bouncy and jumpy. I was given caught behind while on 0 (I batted at 6) when it struck my arm, so I was dissapointed but those calls are hard for an umpire.

So far this year I have made 46* and 0, while I have bowled 1/40ish of 7 and 0/25 off 8.

Users who are viewing this thread