Cricket's One Hit Wonders

cricketspur

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know of any cricketing one hit wonders, players that played a single test match for their country and were never seen again....?

I can't think of any of the top of my head. Doesn't one hit wonder also mean somebody who did something amazing or good once and then couldn't do it again, or never did it again?

Matthew Sinclair of sorts, double on debut, then another one later on but not much else otherwise. Tests that is.

Darren Patterson for England. That was his name right?

Cricinfo had a list of these once...

There was that one guy who hit 129* or whatever and never played a test again.

Yuvraj Singh is a one hit wonder in a way - He has about one good innings a year and that alone will keep him in the team until the next time he faces England. The cycle repeats. I know it's not a one hit wonder by your definition, but it is if you think about it...

Atm Jason Krejza 12 wickets on debut and yet to play again. Bound to change in the next few weeks though.

Kabir Ali. Had match figures of 5/136 on his debut, and despite being one of the most consistently good bowlers in county cricket has not had a look in since. Has played some ODIs though, memourably bowling that fantastic final over in South Africa a few years ago to secure England a tie.

its really hard to find a one hit wonder in cricket.
I would call Mohammad Sammi a one hit wonder. He tore up NZ in his 1st test and dint do much after. But than again he did play 30+ tests.

Forgot all about probably our most famous one in Stuart Law. 54 not out in his only inns in Test cricket so he has no average.

To go with the original post, playing 1 game and never again

Rodney Redmond. He's Aaron Redmond's dad and he played a single test for NZ and scored 107 and 56: Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Rodney Redmond

Had to stop playing because of eyesight.

Bet you he didn't see that one coming ;)

On the topic of Stuart Law he did play in 54 ODI games however his only Test match was the also the first Test in which a well known Ricky Ponting made his debut. Michael Slater also made his highest Test score in that match with 219.

Link to the match:
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/63706.html

I guess Vijay Bharadwaj (he played for India,3nation ODI series in SA),if one could remember,in his 1st ODI series he was Man of the Series,later nobody knows what happened,we didnt even notice is name in domestic Cricket...

I do feel sorry for Hauritz, he played his second Test and will probably never play a test again and because he played that second one he wont even ever get recognized as a one hit wonder lol.

Users who are viewing this thread