Daniel Vettori 400/4,000

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Could Daniel Vettori join Kapil Dev as the only other player in the history of Test Match Cricket to take 400 wickets and score 4,000 runs???

Before the 2nd test against Sri Lanka he stood at 3329 runs and 298 wickets. He is 30 years 2012 days. In 2009 (in his 5th test this year) he is currently New Zealand's third highest run scorer with 329 and second highest wicket taker with 14.

It would be a great achievement for him to join Dev but it may be just out of his reach. He should have at least another 4 years in him (Murali is 37 i think) and maybe even more. I don't think runs should be a problem with only around another 600 needed.

He is currently averaging just over 3 wickets a match. If New Zealand play say 8 tests a year (just made that up i have no idea how many they play) and he continues for 4 years he may end up getting another 90 odd wickets leaving him just short off his 400/4,000 double.

What are you guys thoughts???... Do you think he can do it???

He can achieve this if he continue playing for 4-5 years which i think he can do(if he doesn't get injured often).

He certainly could do it, the runs should come easily enough, the wickets will be harder. Also doesn't help that NZ bearly play Test cricket these days with a lot of their series being 2 match series.

He's only 30 so he's still got plenty of time left in his career (Providing he stays fully fit)
No reason he could do it.

Depends how much test cricket we play in the next 4 years and whether t20 kills it etc. Also perhaps injuries and playing length. I'd say he definitely can. My money's on him to get there.

Yeah it would be great if he could, it would arguably put him up in there in the top 2 test match all rounders ever, along with Kapil Dev.

Nothing new in vettori can achieve 4000 runs record and 400 wicket record he can do it easilly but as all member's are saying he should be really fir for it if not then it is in clouds.:)

He'll want to try and bump his bowling average down a bit

Agree taking hundred wicket isn't hard but making 1000 runs is damn hard.

Anyone watch the crowd goes wild tonight?

Mark Richardson reckons he could make it to 500 wickets/5000 runs if he plays till he's 36-37. I have my doubts on that theory but he'll easily make the 400 wickets/4000 runs mark.

I really hope he does. He's easily my favourite player outside of England and he's such a likeable character. Funnily enough, one of my favourite Vettori moments was his passionate celebrations on the Oval balcony in 2008 after NZ won that ODI. The one which Collingwood and Sidebottom disgracefully showed a lack of sportsmanship in.

Anyone watch the crowd goes wild tonight?

Mark Richardson reckons he could make it to 500 wickets/5000 runs if he plays till he's 36-37. I have my doubts on that theory but he'll easily make the 400 wickets/4000 runs mark.

I didn't saw crowd going wild can you tell what happend?:)
What 500 wickets and 5000 runs.:eek:It is possible but vettori is not a batsmen who can score 20,30 in every match he is in the best form of his life so really he can't make 5000 and take 500 wickets but he can atleast make 4000 and 400 wickets.

I didn't saw crowd going wild can you tell what happend?:)
What 500 wickets and 5000 runs.:eek:It is possible but vettori is not a batsmen who can score 20,30 in every match he is in the best form of his life so really he can't make 5000 and take 500 wickets but he can atleast make 4000 and 400 wickets.

:laugh It's a sports show mate.

Actually Vettori is a batsmen that can score 20, 30 every innings. Since 2005 he's averaged 40 odd with the bat (43 I think). I'd back him to get to 5000 runs, it's only another 1700 more. But getting another 199 might be out of his reach.

Still 400 odd wickets plus 5000 runs is a brillant career.

Yaa he is a good player but the thing is can he be fi to make 5000 runs?

He's a legendary all rounder, I would definitely love to see him get there.

Coventry will be proud of it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread