Daniel Vettori 400/4,000

He won't get 500 wickets.

Were you replying to someone or was that just completely random?

I too doubt it that he will get 500 wickets, I have high doubts. But you never know. If he gets enough Tests, and NZ attack doesn't perform, he bowls lots and lots of overs injury free, plays for a long enough time (I reckon he could have a maximum of 7 years left, but I think it'll be more like 3-5 with his workload), then it could be possible.

Were you replying to someone or was that just completely random?

I too doubt it that he will get 500 wickets, I have high doubts. But you never know. If he gets enough Tests, and NZ attack doesn't perform, he bowls lots and lots of overs injury free, plays for a long enough time (I reckon he could have a maximum of 7 years left, but I think it'll be more like 3-5 with his workload), then it could be possible.

You mean "does perform". Teams can just sit on Vettori and attack our weaker bowlers.

Nah. If we had other bowlers that could attack and keep it tight then teams wouldn't be able to sit on Vettori all day. He could bowl 50 odd overs with this current lot and only take 1-2 wickets while only going for 100-125.

Nah. If we had other bowlers that could attack and keep it tight then teams wouldn't be able to sit on Vettori all day. He could bowl 50 odd overs with this current lot and only take 1-2 wickets while only going for 100-125.

Yeah, true, but I don't follow New Zealand cricket a lot. Sometimes I'll have a look at the scores on Cricinfo and follow when we are playing you mob, but otherwise, I don't know much about you at all.

Users who are viewing this thread