Story Darren Lehmann Career Mode (Custom Made Coach Mode)

Who will win the first AUS v SA test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Now you are probably wondering what this is.

This is the story of current Australian Cricket Coach, Darren Lehmann, former Australian Test and ODI player, and his battle to get Australia to the number 1 nation in the world.

Medium difficulty for both Batting and Bowling
Legend Match Difficulty
I will simulate bowling in most games but bat the rest

The way this will work is through a variety of tours set up to replicate real world tours, then when the time comes I will have to make up my own.

I will start this in 2016, South Africa vs Australia, in Australia. The first test is about to begin, at the WACA, the conditions and lineups of both sides are below.

LMnTUNU.png

Match Intro

The toss is called, it was discussed prior to the match between captain Steve Smith and the Coach Darren Lehmann that they would bad first. They win the toss. The pitch was dry and hard, and not much was on offer for the bowlers. So David Warner and Shaun Marsh get the pads on as they walk out to bat.

The opening pair could only get 46 on the board before Shaun Marsh was bowled because of his trademark, shitty shot selection. Khawaja steps out to bat with David Warner. Both Warner and Marsh are on 11, despite the team total being 46 (South Africa keep bowling bouncers that go for 4 wides). Khawaja is gone not too longer after. Bowled for attempting the same shot as Marsh.

A solid partnership between Smith and Warner brings Australia to the 100 mark only 2 wickets down. The 100 partnership between the pair is bought up not too long later off only 65 balls. Steve Smith then brings up his 50 after a beautifully timed french cut to send spinner Maharaj's delivery to the boundary. David Warner brings up his half century with a cracking on drive that only gives Australia 1 run, it was slightly slower than a run a ball. Smith is currently 62 (48). Smith is bowled 3 balls later for 64. A brilliant innings cut far too short (Literally). Voges grabs his bat and heads to the middle, Australia could be in trouble at 3/179.

Voges brings up the 200. The scorecard currently is below
5rxsEs4.png
VOGES EDGES IT STRAIGHT TO BACKWARD POINT. 15(10). Australia looking in trouble at 4/215. AND WE ARE ONLY 25 OVERS IN!

More to come soon. If you have any questions etc, respond to this thread. A basic faq will be below.

Q: Will you retire players?
A: Yes
Q: Will you create new players?
Q: Do you need any help?
A: If you have any experience making bats, logos, kits, teams etc, and want to be part of this project, please PM me, so I can add you to a list. We will be changing stadiums in the future, kits, teams and I need great people behind me to help me do this. For example, in the future I may help out Queensland before I retire. They will obviously have different sponsors, and I need people to help me with that. Same with other teams.
Q: Are you changing stats?
A: I started off with all the teams you see in the "Which teams should I download thread" and updated a few default lineups and stats. I will change ingame stats for current players based on form, but not IRL stats. For regens, I will do both!
Q: Can you add players to the lineup?
A: Currently, yes, but I aim to pick a board of selectors from the Planet Cricket community. If you wish to be part of this, comment below or contact me via a pm.
Q: Will you finish this?
A: Hopefully. I couldnt finish the Planet Cricket Tour of India as my game basically shat itself and deleted all my data.
Q: Do you plan on managing any other teams?
A: My goal currently is to win a few test series, potentially a world cup or two, and then manage the Brisbane Heat and Queensland or a county team. After that I am interested in coaching a female team before then retiring. But who knows, my career could go even longer *Cough Make IPL Teams *Cough!
Q: What mode are you using?
A: A variety of Casual games, tours and competitions.
Q: Do you plan on making any videos about this series?
A: Yes I do, but I need a commentary team. If you are interested, contact me. We will be using Discord and I will upload the match highlights without commentary to you and one other person to commentate. Send me some of your favourite lines, including...

"What a cracking shot"
"1 inch closer, and the bails would be 1 inch into the air"
"Oh thats plumb, he's walking straight back to the pavilion"

Q: You do realise this is a big project?
A: Yes, and we need people to make this happen. Even if not all of this is achieved, even just half of it would be cool, and something like this can unite our community together.

ATTENTION
Recently, Ricky Ponting was announced t20 coach of Australia. I would like to abide by this, and hand the t20 role to someone else. If you would like to join in on this career mode story, contact me and I will get things organised for when we play Sri Lanka.

Yours sincerely,
Darren Lehmann

Giraffe

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Looks good mate. Awesome how you are involving the community. Best of luck with it, although I will warn you it is a hell of a lot of work

mani761

Club Captain

This is the story of current Australian Cricket Coach, Darren Lehmann, former Australian Test and ODI player, and his battle to get Australia to the number 1 nation in the world.

Legend Match Difficulty

The way this will work is through a variety of tours set up to replicate real world tours, then when the time comes I will have to make up my own.

I will start this in 2016, South Africa vs Australia, in Australia. The first test is about to begin, at the WACA, the conditions and lineups of both sides are below.

LMnTUNU.png

Match Intro

The toss is called, it was discussed prior to the match between captain Steve Smith and the Coach Darren Lehmann that they would bad first. They win the toss. The pitch was dry and hard, and not much was on offer for the bowlers. So David Warner and Shaun Marsh get the pads on as they walk out to bat.

The opening pair could only get 46 on the board before Shaun Marsh was bowled because of his trademark, shitty shot selection. Khawaja steps out to bat with David Warner. Both Warner and Marsh are on 11, despite the team total being 46 (South Africa keep bowling bouncers that go for 4 wides). Khawaja is gone not too longer after. Bowled for attempting the same shot as Marsh.

A solid partnership between Smith and Warner brings Australia to the 100 mark only 2 wickets down. The 100 partnership between the pair is bought up not too long later off only 65 balls. Steve Smith then brings up his 50 after a beautifully timed french cut to send spinner Maharaj's delivery to the boundary. David Warner brings up his half century with a cracking on drive that only gives Australia 1 run, it was slightly slower than a run a ball. Smith is currently 62 (48). Smith is bowled 3 balls later for 64. A brilliant innings cut far too short (Literally). Voges grabs his bat and heads to the middle, Australia could be in trouble at 3/179.

5rxsEs4.png
VOGES EDGES IT STRAIGHT TO BACKWARD POINT. 15(10). Australia looking in trouble at 4/215. AND WE ARE ONLY 25 OVERS IN!

More to come soon. If you have any questions etc, respond to this thread. A basic faq will be below.

A: If you have any experience making bats, logos, kits, teams etc, and want to be part of this project, please PM me, so I can add you to a list. We will be changing stadiums in the future, kits, teams and I need great people behind me to help me do this. For example, in the future I may help out Queensland before I retire. They will obviously have different sponsors, and I need people to help me with that. Same with other teams.
A: I started off with all the teams you see in the "Which teams should I download thread" and updated a few default lineups and stats. I will change ingame stats for current players based on form, but not IRL stats. For regens, I will do both!
A: Currently, yes, but I aim to pick a board of selectors from the Planet Cricket community. If you wish to be part of this, comment below or contact me via a pm.
A: Hopefully. I couldnt finish the Planet Cricket Tour of India as my game basically shat itself and deleted all my data.
A: My goal currently is to win a few test series, potentially a world cup or two, and then manage the Brisbane Heat and Queensland or a county team. After that I am interested in coaching a female team before then retiring. But who knows, my career could go even longer *Cough Make IPL Teams *Cough!
A: Yes I do, but I need a commentary team. If you are interested, contact me. We will be using Discord and I will upload the match highlights without commentary to you and one other person to commentate. Send me some of your favourite lines, including...

"What a cracking shot"

A: Yes, and we need people to make this happen. Even if not all of this is achieved, even just half of it would be cool, and something like this can unite our community together.

ATTENTION
Recently, Ricky Ponting was announced t20 coach of Australia. I would like to abide by this, and hand the t20 role to someone else. If you would like to join in on this career mode story, contact me and I will get things organised for when we play Sri Lanka.

Yours sincerely,
Darren Lehmann
[DOUBLEPOST=1485171512][/DOUBLEPOST]i want to be

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer

Legend Match Difficulty

LMnTUNU.png

Match Intro

5rxsEs4.png

"What a cracking shot"

ATTENTION

Yours sincerely,
Darren Lehmann

Was really hoping to see the next words be "all about how"

Seriously though love this idea and can't wait for more.

Users who are viewing this thread