Data Edit

jack_11

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To clarify is there any way of editing the database of ICC 2006?

Sorry pal, there isn't. There was a way to edit ICC 2000 and 2002, but none for 2006.

They really should release a player editor. If they don't we'll have to crack it. And in the process, Piracy becomes possible...

ZoraxDoom said:
They really should release a player editor. If they don't we'll have to crack it. And in the process, Piracy becomes possible...

They shouldn't release a player editor, as it would make Online play absolutely pointless. As for cracking it, have you seen an editor for 2005 yet? We won't crack it.

I can tell you honestly, I have found a No-CD, no payment needed, Crack for ICC 05. After I got the game that is, told my friend that I had it, he told me he just downloaded the demo and used the crack! Felt like such a fool...
Anyways, back on topic. If they can crack it that way, an editor will hopefully not take long.

And you can tell if someone is cheating in Online play. Look at the wages. If the player looks wayy too good, you know he is cheating! Try getting a group together to play an honest series, you don't need to play with every challenger.

They should release one. The database is horribly wrong (Mortaza and Ashraful -two of the finest players ever produced by Bangladesh- are rubbis in the game!)

ZoraxDoom said:
I can tell you honestly, I have found a No-CD, no payment needed, Crack for ICC 05. After I got the game that is, told my friend that I had it, he told me he just downloaded the demo and used the crack! Felt like such a fool...

I have heard of one for ICC 06 as well. However, producing an editor this way would probably be illegal, and we know where PlanetCricket stands on that :cool:

I have heard of one for ICC 06 as well. However, producing an editor this way would probably be illegal, and we know where PlanetCricket stands on that

Its never worried any other website with other games. Why would this one have a problem? I'd be more worried about EA (for example) than Childish Things and they seem happy to deal with it. EA even employed the dude who made the original NBA Live editor and he is still there I think years later.

Sedge said:
Its never worried any other website with other games. Why would this one have a problem? I'd be more worried about EA (for example) than Childish Things and they seem happy to deal with it. EA even employed the dude who made the original NBA Live editor and he is still there I think years later.

Welcome to the forums mate. Interesting point there. I initially thought that you were contesting my point that Planetcricket doesn't support piracy, but then my brain actually picked up that you were on about my other point, which is fortunate so that I don't have to copy and paste from the rules ;)

The reason I say that producing an editor would probably be illegal is that by cracking the encryption, you'd find a way to crack it. Of course, I could be completely wrong ;) .

Thanks mate, long time listener first time caller!!! I didn't word that very well did I, I'm glad you saw what I meant though.

Sedge said:
Thanks mate, long time listener first time caller!!! I didn't word that very well did I, I'm glad you saw what I meant though.

Yes, misunderstandings on the internet can be disastrous ;) . Where did you find that out about the guy who made the editor who works for EA?

I remember from when it happened and somebody else took over the site.

Users who are viewing this thread