DBC 17 Any difference in Graphics - PS4 vs PS4 Pro

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Members & DBC Team

To Ross & Big Ant - Heartiest congratulations on creating a great sequel to Don Bradman Cricket 14, DBC 17 is a big step indeed in Cricket games and it's well on the path on becoming the greatest cricket game ever.

Just a noob question to you all who have bought the game - Does the graphics & overall performance of DBC 17 run a lot more smoother on a PS4 Pro compared to PS4 normal version? Coz i read a few reviews of the PS4 pro online and they say that unless you have a 4k TV and a 4k optimized game, there isn't any reason to upgrade to the Pro yet.

When i loaded DBC 17 on my PS4, i could see some jagged edges on the stadium views especially and the kits weren't very clear, and then i happened to see a YouTube video of Twistie3 playing DBC 17 ( I think on a PS4 pro) and the game looked a lot better and even one of the initial reviews mention that DBC 17 is a full 60fps on a PS4 pro and looks gorgeous..

Any idea/opinion on this or will the game experience in terms of graphics will be the same on both the normal and Pro versions ?

Awaiting your replies,

Thanks,
-=Maverick_12210=-

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Would like to know this as well. Was thinking about getting the game on xbox but I also have a ps4 PRO. If PRO version indeed have improvements then buying PS4 version when it becomes available on the US PSN.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Though I don't have pro, from my research to buy pro - difference will be noticeable in performance of the game as pro has got the powerful processor with smart up scaling capabilities. So yeah, normal HD in ps4 will be up scaled with smart technology to make it look 4 times better(4k) in ps4 pro. So this is not true 4k, but rather upscaled one.

Other than this, from game perspective itself, developers are in need to use an additional line of code in their implementation to make use of pro capabilities. This additional change is not yet in use by game developers yet and most likely new games that come down the lane should/would leverage this ability to support true 4k mode. This is my understanding from whatever I researched.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i have the PS4 Pro and running DBC17 on it runs so smoothly at 60fps with no frame drops what so ever, some of the textures look really sharp and crisp especially when playing at night, i swear it looked like i was watching cricket on TV! the only problem i have is with the pro is that the fan makes weird noises when playing DBC17. i have not got a 4K TV but the upscale is noticeable, the logos dont look as clean and crisp they look quite pixelated.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
i have the PS4 Pro and running DBC17 on it runs so smoothly at 60fps with no frame drops what so ever, some of the textures look really sharp and crisp especially when playing at night, i swear it looked like i was watching cricket on TV! the only problem i have is with the pro is that the fan makes weird noises when playing DBC17. i have not got a 4K TV but the upscale is noticeable, the logos dont look as clean and crisp they look quite pixelated.
did you download the game or got as dlc?? as us ps store i couldnt find the game. thanks

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
i got the game by disc i live in the UK.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
bump - any official word on how the game works with PS4 Pro??

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I'm playing this on a PS4 pro the only thing I can think off is that the game doesn't get stutters on custom stadiums and that the game looks alot cleaner and sharper.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I own PS4 with Samsung 4K TV and my brother in adjacent room own PS4 PRO with SONY 4K TV...

We have tested PS4 & PS4 PRO in all possible combinations by attaching PS4 and PS4 PRO to both the TV's.

1. PRO is 10 times more smoother than PS4...
2. In Medium Batting , Bowling stroke play compared with PS4 & PRO, it is very easier to play ,smooth and strokes are getting hit in gaps and convenient to score runs in PS4 PRO.
3. Very Smooth in Night games in custom stadiums for PRO, PS4 i cant even play a single shot without stuck or Jutters. Always get out.

I am selling my PS4 now its been an year with me, DBC14 was very much fine for PS4. As the game advanced , console also needs to be advanced.

I am getting the PRO for me ASAP :wave :cheers

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Got the new PS4 Pro ... having 4K TV with me the game is as smoother as anyone get.

For people who were having lot of frame rate issues while playing in custom stadiums , buying PS4 pro is one point solution.

Users who are viewing this thread