DBC 17 Review from an Amateur Cricket Fan

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sup folks?

Firstly I'm a Yank. I'm not a huge cricket fan, I grew up playing that better sexier Cricket Version 2.0: Baseball! Ok I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

I work abroad, all over where cricket is huge: ZA, AUS and NZ. Having said all that I do like the sport and have played it in parks with friends. I previously bought DBC 14 on the PS4. I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan.

Decided to get DBC 17 and got it over the weekend on the PS4 Pro. Tell you what folks: It's freakin awesome! This game is a huge step up from DBC 14 and reminds me of the glory days of Brian Lara back on the PS.

The graphics are actually good (we're not talking The Show or 2K), dare I say almost PES level good. The commentary is very improved, the online works (for now) and the animations are decent. The controls are far more intuitive than the last one and its all 60FPS. Its hard though (especially for someone who is a casual fan such as mysefl). When you get that back foot shot wrong, this game will punish you but thats how its supposed to be.

The downside? The players look a little off. I played online against India and their bowler looked like a woman but I'm sure that will be fixed.

For such a game to come out of a small studio such as Big Ant, this game is awesome! Ross (what have you people done to this guy!? He's become more moody than my ex!) and his team deserve massive credit. This game is good, go buy it and support them. Trust me you guys are in for a treat!

If you guys have any questions, feel free but please keep it simple. I still don't know the difference between a doosra and yorker!

Gracias for reading and go buy the darn game!

Oh I have a question: How do I download real teams with real names and faces?!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Sup folks?

Firstly I'm a Yank. I'm not a huge cricket fan, I grew up playing that better sexier Cricket Version 2.0: Baseball! Ok I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

I work abroad, all over where cricket is huge: ZA, AUS and NZ. Having said all that I do like the sport and have played it in parks with friends. I previously bought DBC 14 on the PS4. I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan.

Decided to get DBC 17 and got it over the weekend on the PS4 Pro. Tell you what folks: It's freakin awesome! This game is a huge step up from DBC 14 and reminds me of the glory days of Brian Lara back on the PS.

The graphics are actually good (we're not talking The Show or 2K), dare I say almost PES level good. The commentary is very improved, the online works (for now) and the animations are decent. The controls are far more intuitive than the last one and its all 60FPS. Its hard though (especially for someone who is a casual fan such as mysefl). When you get that back foot shot wrong, this game will punish you but thats how its supposed to be.

The downside? The players look a little off. I played online against India and their bowler looked like a woman but I'm sure that will be fixed.

For such a game to come out of a small studio such as Big Ant, this game is awesome! Ross (what have you people done to this guy!? He's become more moody than my ex!) and his team deserve massive credit. This game is good, go buy it and support them. Trust me you guys are in for a treat!

If you guys have any questions, feel free but please keep it simple. I still don't know the difference between a doosra and yorker!

Gracias for reading and go buy the darn game!

Oh I have a question: How do I download real teams with real names and faces?!

You download from the Cricket Academy within the game... there is a thread on the forum Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums | Page 135 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums you should find out who shared what, and what to search for

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<SNIP> Ross (what have you people done to this guy!? He's become more moody than my ex!)

It took them years... but "grass-gate" finally broke me.

There will no doubt be a lot more community support of downloadable content post the 16th December.

shak91

School Cricketer
index.jpg

Ross be like

Spitfires2007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is what a real review looks like. This seems like you have really appealed to a new audience. The cricket brand is growing. Well done to all at Big Ant

Users who are viewing this thread