Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

zaff4444

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,I'm thinking of starting career in DBC14 but want to know if it's enjoyable I know cricket is mostly a patience game but I want to know is the ai good coz in casual mode a t5 game the ai fielding set-up is terrible is it the same in career mode ai?

Why don't you go ahead and try it? If you don't like it you can quit... it's not as if you will be penalized for starting a career and not finishing it.

Why don't you go ahead and try it? If you don't like it you can quit... it's not as if you will be penalized for starting a career and not finishing it.
But I wanna know/opinion's from who play career mode if the ai is good and worthwhile/fun coz I only play online with the little free-time I have coz mostly online vs or practice.

Last edited:
But I wanna know from who play career mode if the ai is good coz I only play online with the little free-time I have coz mostly online vs or practice.

Yes, career mode is the most enjoyable aspect of the game especially if you are playing as a batsman.

Is the ai good.

"Good" varies from person to person..So what is good for me, may not be good enough for you and vice versa. I would highly recommend each and everyone to play the Career Mode. But before you do that, do Check and Correct the Attributes / Skills / Different Uniforms for different formats for each team (specially English and Australia Domestic Teams and IPL & BIG BASH T20 Teams)...

At the end of the day, its just a video game, not a real cricket. So if you can keep your expectations to a reasonable level, you will surely enjoy it, like we all are doing.

Last edited:
"Good" varies from person to person..So what is good for me, may not be good enough for you and vice versa. I would highly recommend each and everyone to play the Career Mode. But before you do that, do Check and Correct the Attributes / Skills / Different Uniforms for different format for each team (specially English and Australia Domestic Teams and IPL & BIB BASH League Teams)...

At the end of the day, its just a video game, not a real cricket. So if you can keep your expectations to a reasonable level, you will surly enjoy it, like we all are doing.

Most importantly, if you have decided to play Career Mode as Number 3 Batsman (for example), do check the International Team Line up which you will get to play later when selected. Don't put anyone you dont want to miss out from the line up at Number 3 of International Teams Test/ODI & T20 Lineup. Put someone who is expandable, so that you can replace him and that wont change the balance of your team.

"Good" varies from person to person..So what is good for me, may not be good enough for you and vice versa. I would highly recommend each and everyone to play the Career Mode. But before you do that, do Check and Correct the Attributes / Skills / Different Uniforms for different formats for each team (specially English and Australia Domestic Teams and IPL & BIG BASH T20 Teams)...

At the end of the day, its just a video game, not a real cricket. So if you can keep your expectations to a reasonable level, you will surely enjoy it, like we all are doing.
Bro i mean does the ai play good or clueless?also guy's that are shy to post click yes/no on the poll so easier to know opinion's.

Well, if you only play T5 in most of your DBC time you might not enjoy the career mode as much as others here. Its a lengthy affair honestly.

The good part is that you can progress through games, even FC, very fast as you're only playing your role in the game instead of playing for each wicket/run.

The bad part is you get tied to a player which if you like winning every game can be problem cause if you loose 1 wicket, you're done for the game.

Apart from that, I've found Career Play fun and closest to living the cricket dream.

Well, if you only play T5 in most of your DBC time you might not enjoy the career mode as much as others here. Its a lengthy affair honestly.

The good part is that you can progress through games, even FC, very fast as you're only playing your role in the game instead of playing for each wicket/run.

The bad part is you get tied to a player which if you like winning every game can be problem cause if you loose 1 wicket, you're done for the game.

Apart from that, I've found Career Play fun and closest to living the cricket dream.
No I meant I tried T5 in casual mode and noticed the ai field setting is clueless,so I wanna. Isit the same?also I'd save/continue it.

Haven't played a lot of T5 so can't comment but in general AI field setting isn't as bad as some make it sound like here.

I've experienced scenarios where AI opens up a certain obvious gap(say removes mid-off) and then bowl a ball that's practically unplayable in that direction(a leg stump bouncer) which often results in edges/misses if you're playing for the gaps and not the ball.

For my career player, who happens to be able to play only on leg side, AI generally starts the bowling with most of on side packed - which I think is cool. Also, most of the times I play on front foot (you guessed it.. to the leg side) so quite often I'm facing bouncers from pacers. I definitely think AI does use the data about your strengths/weakness in career play - but this all was more noticeable when I had already played more than 1.5 seasons of the career i.e. there was enough data for AI to use.

Haven't played a lot of T5 so can't comment but in general AI field setting isn't as bad as some make it sound like here.

I've experienced scenarios where AI opens up a certain obvious gap(say removes mid-off) and then bowl a ball that's practically unplayable in that direction(a leg stump bouncer) which often results in edges/misses if you're playing for the gaps and not the ball.

For my career player, who happens to be able to play only on leg side, AI generally starts the bowling with most of on side packed - which I think is cool. Also, most of the times I play on front foot (you guessed it.. to the leg side) so quite often I'm facing bouncers from pacers. I definitely think AI does use the data about your strengths/weakness in career play - but this all was more noticeable when I had already played more than 1.5 seasons of the career i.e. there was enough data for AI to use.
Your right about ai data after a while it will calculate your player strength's/weaknesses.

the career mode is enjoyable....quite enjoyable. There's little annoyances like:
- not being able to change players eg. new players (can you imagine playing for a county side and getting say AB De Villiers signed on??) or players retiring
- AI bowlers constantly bowling around the wicket...constantly

Having said that, the career mode is quite good and its great that you get the nets to practice as well in between games if you want. My biggest issue with career mode though is patience...ie. my patience! I'm constantly trying to score off every ball (works for one dayers/T20 but not for the longer format) and usually go out in the 20s. Need to practice blocking more!

the career mode is enjoyable....quite enjoyable. There's little annoyances like:
- not being able to change players eg. new players (can you imagine playing for a county side and getting say AB De Villiers signed on??) or players retiring
- AI bowlers constantly bowling around the wicket...constantly

Having said that, the career mode is quite good and its great that you get the nets to practice as well in between games if you want. My biggest issue with career mode though is patience...ie. my patience! I'm constantly trying to score off every ball (works for one dayers/T20 but not for the longer format) and usually go out in the 20s. Need to practice blocking more!

Biggest problem with the career mode I feel. Obviously the gameplay is wonderful and its a great first step. For this game to go to the next level though, you can't be playing with Chris Rogers opening at the age of 58

Users who are viewing this thread