• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
On the same note, the Player packs became more expensive before I could make any purchase or play any game..

theodom101

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
On the same note, the Player packs became more expensive before I could make any purchase or play any game..
This is a good point and one that I considered. However, the only pack price that changed was the any player pack (a 250 coin increase) and only three were purchased anyway. Additionally, every team had equal access to the packs when they were at a lower price so I decided it didn't really give an unfair benefit to any team. Having said that I am happy to give away 250 coins for the any player pack that I purchased at a lower price. It is up to the other teams that purchased any player packs before the price changed if they wish to do the same as it would be unfair to charge them more for the pack after they have purchased it without them agreeing.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
This is a good point and one that I considered. However, the only pack price that changed was the any player pack (a 250 coin increase) and only three were purchased anyway. Additionally, every team had equal access to the packs when they were at a lower price so I decided it didn't really give an unfair benefit to any team. Having said that I am happy to give away 250 coins for the any player pack that I purchased at a lower price. It is up to the other teams that purchased any player packs before the price changed if they wish to do the same as it would be unfair to charge them more for the pack after they have purchased it without them agreeing.

It's alright, I wasn't active earlier. I would like to know if any other rules are changing during this season because I'm sitting on a little over 1,000 coins.

theodom101

Club Captain
It's alright, I wasn't active earlier. I would like to know if any other rules are changing during this season because I'm sitting on a little over 1,000 coins.
I don't foresee any other changes for the regular season. Injuries will definitely be tweaked for finals, though none of the rules surrounding injuries will change

theodom101

Club Captain
Finals System Confirmed
A five-team playoff system will be used to decide the league winner this season. With this system the minor premiers receive a first round bye and the top 3 highest finishers all receive second chances, rewarding their strong seasons.

xDmWsoc.png

kishore_513

School Cricketer
Sorry but I am not enjoying these games recently. Win at any cost kicking in and cricket is not being played as cricket. Using every possible exploit to win the game is frustrating me. Watching fielders running all over the park for 60 balls being helpless was sad. Running and diving every ball like batters on steroids wasn't fun. May be I can't cope with these and am complaining like a sore loser, but this is what I feel right now. I came here for a proper cricket game. So please excuse me from this league and let someone take over. I am on couple of PES forums where like minded people organize similar tournments and using mic is a compulsion so that people talk straight away when they don't enjoy when the opponent goes to the extreme. We wouldn't be using any one over 80 rated to keep the game fair to all. Something to consider for you guys.. Keep up the good work and enjoy the game lads..

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Sorry but I am not enjoying these games recently. Win at any cost kicking in and cricket is not being played as cricket. Using every possible exploit to win the game is frustrating me. Watching fielders running all over the park for 60 balls being helpless was sad. Running and diving every ball like batters on steroids wasn't fun. May be I can't cope with these and am complaining like a sore loser, but this is what I feel right now. I came here for a proper cricket game. So please excuse me from this league and let someone take over. I am on couple of PES forums where like minded people organize similar tournments and using mic is a compulsion so that people talk straight away when they don't enjoy when the opponent goes to the extreme. We wouldn't be using any one over 80 rated to keep the game fair to all. Something to consider for you guys.. Keep up the good work and enjoy the game lads..

Firstly, I think this echoes a lot with my experience. I don't mind losing matches or being at the bottom of the table as long as I enjoy playing it. Hence, I play a few career matches and online with strangers to balance my frustration. Also, I voted for the 20 Overs version so it doesn't have to be all whack whack.
At the end of the day it's just another video game and just another competition. Personally, I enjoy this game and DBC 14 a lot so I will continue with this tournament.

Secondly, I feel there is a valid point in not letting teams gather too many good players (80 rating & above or Premium players) to keep it competitive. May be we can have a cap of how many Premium players / Gold players can play every match.. Or compulsorily include certain bronze players..

theodom101

Club Captain
Firstly, I think this echoes a lot with my experience. I don't mind losing matches or being at the bottom of the table as long as I enjoy playing it. Hence, I play a few career matches and online with strangers to balance my frustration. Also, I voted for the 20 Overs version so it doesn't have to be all whack whack.
At the end of the day it's just another video game and just another competition. Personally, I enjoy this game and DBC 14 a lot so I will continue with this tournament.

Secondly, I feel there is a valid point in not letting teams gather too many good players (80 rating & above or Premium players) to keep it competitive. May be we can have a cap of how many Premium players / Gold players can play every match.. Or compulsorily include certain bronze players..
The game certainly has a lot of bugs, especially in online play, that can make the game less enjoyable to play and whilst that is unfortunate there is nothing that can be done about it. Nonetheless, it is sad to see you quit so soon @kishore_513

Like @GPDave007 pointed out, it is just a video game. Hence it can't be a perfect simulation of cricket, and people will find areas of the game which can be exploited. Whilst this may lower the realism, there is still skill involved and the competition is about who can play DBC the best, not who is the best cricketer.

Regarding the 10 over format, the number of wickets was lowered to 6 per innings so as to discourage overly-aggressive batting and there have certainly been instances where a team which can bat solidly for 10 overs has beaten a team which simply attempts to use brute force. Additionally, with 10 overs games already go for quite a while and playing a T20 match would probably take longer than 90 minutes - a time slot which is hard to find due to timezone differences. Having said that, I am considering changing the match format next season to keep the competition fresh.

The whole point of the league is to attempt to build your 'Ultimate Team'. Whilst the luck involved in packs does can give certain teams advantages, it also ensures variety. There are also features in play such as swiping which are designed to keep squads equal. Even then, at the end of the day it is the quality of the user that will decide a match and not the quality of the players he is using. Despite all this, I may include compensation packs/players/coins at the end of the season to help balance squads.

5hitkicker

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I think the format is good, t20 would be too long and also the T10 format provides an intense tactical battle between the players regarding setting fields and just in general bowling and batting. The players help a bit but only help decide the game between 2 evenly matched players.

There are ways to counteract players who place themselves outside off stump and just try to slog to the legside. That's when the tactical side of these matches becomes so crucial.

The whole point of ultimate team is to build your team better and better as you get more rewards from playing more matches, so I think there shouldn't be a premium player limit.

theodom101

Club Captain
Following the resignation of @kishore_513 , we are now searching for a new user to take over IndianSpurs. If nobody is found by the end of the regular season, the remainder of their matches will be simulated. The franchise will then be dissolved at the end of the finals, with their players entering into the pack pool.

theodom101

Club Captain
Stephen FC victorious over struggling Spurs
g8cytqp.png

wXatmND.png

1gNWIU2.png

UAaOiWa.png

YJlmPYd.png
Injuries: Nil
Retun to fitness: Jaques Rudolph (IndianSpurs), Doug Bollinger (Stephen FC), Steven Finn (Stephen FC)
MOTM: Brendon McCullum (80 -> 82)
IndianSpurs: 40 (wickets taken) + 91 (runs scored) = 131 coins
Stephen FC: 250 (win) + 60 (wickets taken) + 94 (runs scored) = 404 coins​

Falcons record secnd win as Kaptain Kishore steps down
HgyzGV6.png

CwKi8PS.png

3TmkZoE.png

iIbVelJ.png

bbJqnLh.png
Injuries: Rangana Herath (1 match), Jos Buttler (3 matches)
Retun to fitness: Keemo Paul (IndianSpurs), Shahzaib Hassan (Dubai Falcons)
MOTM: Manoj Tiwary (70 -> 73)
Dubai Falcons: 250 (win) + 30 (wickets taken) + 115 (runs scored) = 395 coins
IndianSpurs: 30 (wickets taken) + 83 (runs scored) = 113 coins​

Mammoths win as Hurricanes fall just short
VFV3dkM.png

0z4hrOp.png

LBHCOhN.png

eePGuqF.png

tizRnna.png
Injuries: Nil
Retun to fitness: Bhunaveswar Kumar (Haryana Hurricanes), Gurinder Sandhu (Manchester Mammoths)
MOTM: Dhanajaya de Silva (86 -> 87)
Manchester Mammoths: 250 (win) + 40 (wickets taken) + 117 (runs scored) = 407 coins
Haryana Hurricanes: 50 (wickets taken) + 112 (runs scored) = 162 coins​

Users who are viewing this thread