Default Fields Editing

Originally posted by The_gas
i hope this is the case. I have tried every field setting under the sun for all types of bowler and nothing will stop the run out bug if you play a defensive field! Cant really see how this will help but hey its better than nowt

No what jonah is referring to by major faults is the fact the default fields are unrealistic -
eg no slips or 3rd man in ODI's etc

Originally posted by zimrahil
No what jonah is referring to by major faults is the fact the default fields are unrealistic -
eg no slips or 3rd man in ODI's etc

You got it Phil; add to that the times when there are suddenly 2 fielders on the boundary within touching distance of eachother, with wide open areas elsewhere on the field :rolleyes: .

Definately the field editor will enhance the gameplay specialy in onedays to large extent.

great work sam!! howz the progress on the editor?? early stages or almost done??

I think Sam will take a while to reply with more info i believe hes gone fishing and i think he caught quite a few

even with editing default fields the game has an poor internal ai loading system,these includes when to load,under what conditions the good thing is i can customize the loading part,post ur ideas here like

//batsman hit 2 4s in row,batsman on 99

then {
load field xx
}

but this may take hell lot of time :D

btw run-out bug is very hard to fix( i don't have source code here )right now i have two options
remove :P run-out totaly when cpu bats
OR
randomize the run-outs when cpu bats // this may bring down no of run-outs

randomize run outs but make them every once and awhile.

Is there a way the cpu will be able to tell difference between star batsman and a tailender. if so you should set the fields accordingly. If all the batsman's runs are coming on the leg side, field should be adjusted accordingly.

i wouldn't mind having the run out's completly gone, at least the CPU wont run itself out for under 10 runs!

Anyway great work Sam, this is great news for the game!

Originally posted by Radaga
i wouldn't mind having the run out's completly gone, at least the CPU wont run itself out for under 10 runs!

Anyway great work Sam, this is great news for the game!

id be happy to see the run out bug gone! Has anyone ever had the cpu to a direct hit on the stumps from a fielder?

I think taking run-outs out of the game, would take down the realism factor of the game, but as Sam says, if its hard to fix it, then probably randomized run-outs would be best option...

well hopefully he will do one for both if its not to much effort. Knowing a stupid runout wouldnt be around the corner would improve gameplay, speed up the actual game, save all that saveing after every over then reloading again etc

Ok, random runouts are good, but only on really rare occasions. If thats possible, yippy!

Users who are viewing this thread