Demo Comparison C2K5 v/s BLIC

Most of the members it seems (after going through many forums/topics) say that EA hasent done a great job. The gameplay is slow compared to BLC. One of the member said the ball passed through the batsman to Wicket Keeper (BLC). The graphics of BLC looks some where 10 years back . i would like to ask one question to you which game would you like to buy after these comparisions

EA: Better gfx,detailed work,smooth animation.
BLC:more options,runs could be scored quickly

no matter what anyone says in here it isnt going to change anyones opinion, there are way to many biased people supporters of BLIC that wont give cric2k5 a chance

Billy Grimwood said:
Demo face off - C2K5 v/s BLIC

The BLC demo has been a run fest at times (87 off 6 overs) but sometimes I've also had the luck against me (51 off 6) in fact, I'd liken it to Ashraful's innings against England, if the luck goes with you then you'll score big but it doesn't always..

51 off 6 is having the luck go against you???

Billy Grimwood said:
Each to their own of course but Cricket 2005 doesn't seem that different to Cricket 2004 to me. It's just got new togs and a few more batting animations. Both games have faults but I feel BLC's are less annoying.

For me, I'd probably only get one game as I would find that I'd play one and not the other if I bought two. Based solely on some of the reviews around here, I'd probably pick Cricket 2005 over BLIC - but as it sounds like Circket 2005 is very similar to Cricket 2004, I might just keep playing 2004.
I'll probably go to the video store and hire both new games and test them out, rather than relying on a demo of a contrived situation. One of the things that annoys me in Cricket 2004 is the apparent lack of difference between Fast and Medium-Fast bowlers, so I'd want to see if that has been dealt with in either game.

both games have good features and bad. The main ones i see are EA have good graphics, batting controls, tournaments. BLC has new and more commentators, hawkeye. Hard call which is the better on those terms, not one that has everything you want

wats with all the dissin of BLC graphics? i dunno wat they look like on ps2 but they look superb on computer and compiled with the animations, just fantastic. they are much more realistic then EAs cos EAs all look like rugby players while BLC has much better body shapes.

with the batting issues, yeh i'd prefer to be able to choose my shot be it front or backfoot and the advance would be nice but....havin said all that BLC just seems more fun to play. its much more fluent and the batting is really fun. its great hitting a lovely cover drive for four off a half volley and den see it in slowmore :)

also the smacking a huge shot that is caught just on the ball by the fielder jumpin up in the air is quite fun 2.

IMO

Graphics

BLC: Realistic shapes, decent faces
Cricket 2005: Overly bulky shapes, very good faces

Batting

BLC: Fluent, good animations, not as robotic as C2K5
Cricket 2005: very similar to C2K4 which sucked, some dodgey animations

Bowling
BLC: Variety of bowling actions, good array of deliveries, good swing, good animations
Cricket 2005: (are their diff bowling actions?), good animations, good array of deliveries 2. pretty even here.

Fielding
BLC: you control it, finally
C2K5: same crap as C2K4

Bad things:
BLC: no advance shot and foot selection, the licensing issues but meh, there is an editor
C2K5: seems very similar to C2K4, horrible commentary

How can Ea have good graphics if the batsman dont hold their bat properly, I mean come on guys; and I am certainly not biased, I mean for me ther are far too many finer points in BLIC that exceeds EA's Cricket franchisee of 7 yrs,

e.g.

Batsman stops running when they are declared out or score a four/six etc., with Cricket 2004/5 U can keep on running as long as u want untill they show the mundane cut-scene

player models r like rugby scrum-halves

BLIC has got a very competent AI as far as I have played, I have had some pretty close matches of 2 runs difference.

In EA cricket fielders glide round the filed, and that is pure unprofessionalism, how can a publisher like EA release a game so unfinished and bug-ridden.

I know blic has its flaws but I am sure this franchisee; if it survives the test of time will give a cricket fan what they truly deserve.

Each to its own but for me BLIC rocks the knocks off EA, and believe me I am so happy that I wont be wasting my money on cricket 2005, just one small gripe though, have to wait till 21st july :)

I wish BLIC had ever more animations (another 2000), like bowler stoppping the ball on his run-up, better manual fielding like MVP 2005, anyways its the first of the many and if in future EA starts producing decent cricket games I wud gladly buy their product, but highly doubt it, judging by their past records, I mean they have two decent sports game MVP & Madden, in every other sport genre their competitors excels EA easily (NBA, NHL, FIFA) :cheers

Well It's hard to decide which game is better. One solution is just wait for full version release and the we will sort it out which is better.

I've only played the BLIC demo once, so a lot of this is subject to change as i am just a newbie.

BLIC:

+I love the bats, not only are they licensed but they actually look like cricket bats, not some stupid paddle.
+Small animations: fumbling catches, dropping catches, etc.
+camera angles: i like watching the ball trickle over the rope, and they zoom in if the ball is struggling to.
+AI: the computer is very smart and they are always changing their fields, playing different shots, etc. EAC 2005 is very repetitive and scripted in this area
+Presentation: Hawkeye is awesome, i love seeing it because it is just like TV.
+Fielding: I haven't figured out how to field, but it seems like it will be very rewarding if i figure out how to.
-Shot selection: i don't like being unable to choose my own shot...i feel like i have no control over the batsman other than the direction the shot will go....its just a glorified, 3D stickcricket match in that aspect.
-Bowling: It is difficult to be rewarded for decent bowling, and it is too hard to bowl a decent ball...all of mine go are in the 40 mph range. I've had spinners bowl faster than the fast bowlers at time...how realistic is that?
-Batting in general: batting is easy...to a degree. I only know how to play one shot: 6, and it usually works. Not very realistic to me.
-Gameplay: it seems very arcadish and fast to me. I don't know how accurate a sim this game will be.
-In game menus: I don't like the delay in between overs, where the computer takes time to pick a bowler and we get to see that process...it should all be done internally.

Ea sports Cricket 2005:

+Easy to learn and pickup, even when i first starting playing ea cricket 2002, it took very little time to learn how to play.
+Good control over batting: this is very important, i get to control which shots to play.
+graphics are amazing: I don't understand why everyone says that the players look massive, like gorillas. It really isn't that big of a deal to me at least. The faces, kits, stadiums all look superb. EA have really gotten some of teh details nicely. I especially like the different hats worn by fielders.
+Menus: I like the EA menus better than BLIC, they look better and resemble FIFA, and I like fifa.
+Ball physics: when the ball is hit, it seems to have a realistic arc, my only complaint is that it may move too fast along the ground. In BLIC, the ball travels way too fast in the air and at times along the ground. I'm sure this can be fixed though.
-Bowling: i feel like the CPU bowls too many yorkers and i know thats going to be a problem in the game proper. Who knows if swing has been implemented, but from what i can see, spin seems pretty decent. THe problem with unrealistic line and length bothers me though.
-Fielding: i have never tried manual fielding, but i don't think EA's will compare to BLIC.
-AI: fielding AI is terrible. The ball will hit the bowler and instead of picking it up, he chooses to wait by the stumps for a run out chance, allowing me to sneak a single. Small things like that really bug me.
-Bugs: yes, EA produces a bug ridden game, but the bugs just make the game less enjoyable, not unplayable in my opinion (its not like Cricket 2004 where the byes bug and run out bug made the game intolerable).
-Commentary: need i say more?

Bottom line: EA Cricket 2005 will get my money simply because the inability to control back or front foot shots is intolerable and unexcusable. If i wanted that, i could just save my money and play stick cricket for free. I know that BLIC will probably end up being a better game, but that doesn't mean that I will personally have more fun playing it.

Last edited:
i am absolutly in love with this game. seriously if you stop complaining about the shot selection and advance shot you will realise that it is very fun to play.

and yeh batting is slightly easy but this is county mode.... and isnt that the 3rd hardest cos dats like medium difficulty and dun it go:

Easy
Medium
Hard
Bloody Hard or somethin like that?

the graphics are very good, the faces arnt as good as EA, ill give em dat but the animations coupled with superb body shapes give it a much mroe realistic feel then the blocky rugby players in C2K5

im gunna preorder dis and get it sent out to australia, i aint waitin months for RPIC to come out, i want BLIC now

BLIC hands down is better then EA.....most of things are already mentioned, but if u r too apprehensive about the back/front foot then you should play EA's game.

For me i don't really care if AI is gonna decide which shot is best to play as long as the game is fun, which BLIC is. This game is so fast paced that I enjoy every moment of playin this game.

This is a perfect game if u have friends over to ur house.....kinda arcade, but the fun part is that game has good gameplay.

After all BLIC is just a game and if you are worried about shot selection then you should go for EA's game, which is some what more releastic over BLIC.

The thing is EA has some releastic features, but BLIC definatley has better gameplay and good AI which will always keep you on your edge.

BLIC all the way :D :D :O

Last edited:
What is some AI patch makers like boss & tutsi import the BLIC gameplay to cricket 2005
Then Cricket 2005 would be the best!!

After playing the Demo for 2 hours I noticed some little things that I didn't like about BLC2K5

- Batting is way too easy especially hitting sixes
- The Wicket Keeper has no hat or anything which look weird
- The Instant replays are really dumb and pointless like on wickets
- The Commentary never says the players names, just batsmen and bowler, and for spin bowlers they say " here come a slow bowler " which bugs me.
- Faces of some players just looks awful.
- 3rd Umpire sucks, gives the decision even before we view the play.

Overall I'm glad that EA Cricket 2005 is coming out on July st, because it is a better game than BLC2K5 overall and I never though it would come to that conclusion but after playing both demo's, EA gets my vote!!

wat u mean instant replays are really dumb? its good being able to watch the datches again.

also with the commentary i have heard the real names said but they dun say it much cos in the non ICC matches where their aint real player names, its best that they just shut up on the whole isntead of constantly saying 'great ball by the bowler'

as for easy batting, yeh it is but this is medium mode, there are, correcent me if imwrong but 2 harder difficulty levels in the final game

Jarryd said:
Bugs can be fixed.

A crap game cannot.
dats bad news for cricket 2005 den

here are my Short/Quick views..

Cricket 2005:

EA have tried this time, you can actually see this. But with new technology comes new bugs and a totally different way of trying to fix them.

The trouble that EA have is they promise something they Implement it but something went wrong and they pulled it out, this is normal but they have to let the public know like RubberGenius did with BLIC.

BLIC:

It's not EA so it's different, basically people will still prefer this game over Cricket 2005 because of that very reason, I am yet to play the demo due to being on dial-up but from what I have seen all I can say is Playing BLIC would be like trying a new flavour of ice cream, either you like or you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread