Review Demo impressions thread

I'll certainly e-mail with some demo questions but I don't know how much they'll be able to say.

I have a feeling, by the time they see and reply, we will be having our PC version. :p

I strongly suspect that various Transmission and Codies employees have been keeping up-to-date with this thread regularly and if there was anything they could say they would have done so.

I strongly suspect that various Transmission and Codies employees have been keeping up-to-date with this thread regularly and if there was anything they could say they would have done so.

ya!! DarkBoyBlunder(Mr.Rob) is a active member,and i can see him in "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" list ;)
so will wait for a reply

I'll certainly e-mail with some demo questions but I don't know how much they'll be able to say.

Please do it Asap,otherwise we will get reply after game release :(

From the videos on Youtube, I must say theese are what I have noticed.

Obviously I cant really comment on the gameplay but it does 'look' better.

The presentation is gorgeous.

Some faces are brilliant - others are awfull. Freddie gets more comical every year, Swann has black hair, but Ponting and Monty are awesome.

The ratings are quite off, though Colly got a 56 for those gentle mediums wich is up from 40 last time round :D this made me happy!

Commentary is just last years 're-buffed'. Warne's commentary Is also just the same as last time round. Though they do have more discussions which I geuss is new.

Lots of little details that I love - the crowd cheer when Monty fielded the ball for instance! The electronic scoreboards are also brilliant.

Hope someone finds this usefull :cheers

Stats are way off. Siddle averaging 11, Anderson 12. Other than that, looks good. Definitely a big step in the right direction.

Having watched most of the gameplay videos I did feel presentation of whole game is fantastic but comentary has been very dull and they seem to have no excitement in any situation of the play which I think ruins some part of fun. It's like two people are talking because they have to talk something.

Does anyone feel they didn't use comentary well or took into good consideration?

Pacing!

Iv played it a few times now and guys iv got to say some people are really fussy!!..

After match presentations??? god, soon your be wanting to see what the coin looks like at the toss!!

The game plays and is a huge improvement from previous game.. and lets be realistic the full version can only be better!

as for the pacing i was talking to a friend of mine who worked in EA spors cricket 07.... and apparantly too accurately pace a 3 over match is nearly impossible...

so fingers crossed, and being optamistic we will have to wait for the full version to really gage pacing!!

Guys , I have tried loking for the answer to my question without luck.
Does anyone know if there will be any camera/view options as I really hate this dynamic cam angle?

Have played the demo to death!!! I played BLIC 07 to remind me how bad that was.
The verdict?

A tremendous step forward. For sure the animation and graphics aren't great but they are acceptable. It seems a bit easy to use the 6 hit button when batting but remember that BLIC 07 WAS shocking!!!!!
THe demo only gives you a brief glimpse but it is very encouraging.

Perhaps most importantly the AI seems to be much much better. I played on hard and the computer averaged 3 - 4 runs an over which is much better than the pacing issues in BLIC 07.
If you are a fan of cricket I think this is definately worth a purchase. It won't be perfect but it has enough about it to be a good first step.

Please Codemasters, give transmission games the rights to produce the next one, they are on the right track.

To conclude, I loved Brian Lara on PS1. So do the developers. It shows in the game even to the extent of having Jonathon Agnew back in the commentary. Excellent. Looking forward to getting the game and using reverse swing when the ball gets old! (yes, that does happen)

From the AI vs AI matches I saw at the play test, in test matches, easy gets around 10 rpo, normal around 6 and hard is 3-4.

can we watch cpu vs cpu matches in ashes cricket.sometimes it is fun to just watch for few min.2005 and 2007 does not have these options or recent ea sports game have removed this option

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread