Tutorial: Dipak's Tutorials and PSDs | PSD Pack 1 Released

Dipak

ICC Board Member
-
Dipak's Tutorials and PSDs

horizontal-line.png

1. Gareth Bale Simple Avatar Tutorial (Link)

Level: Beginner

Stock used: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gareth+Bale+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Sunderland+LmKnBtiJ_Y8x.jpg

Outcome:

110178d1372522039-friendly-battles-bale.png

horizontal-line.png

1. PSD Pack 1 (5 avatar + 1 signature) (Download)

abd_zps077e7644.png
kahn1_zps32569a48.png
maxwell_zps0f297287.jpg
gotzev2_zpseb6c755a.jpg
ballack_zps43d77652.jpg

parineeti_zps9fe3dfa4.png

-

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good work Dipak bro ! this will probably help the newbies especially me . :p

Dipak

ICC Board Member
-
Gareth Bale Simple Avatar Tutorial by Dipak

Hello. This is my first tutorial. It's especially aimed at newbies. Remember that you need not follow the tutorial word by word, use it as guide instead. I have added the outcome of most steps below the step itself.

Concepts used:

1. Basic stock enhancements
2. Adding a photo filter
3. Using curves to balance lighting
4. Using selective colors on artoworks

How will you learn more?

1. Play with the opacity and try to use different blending modes and see their effects

2. Try using vibrance, exposure, gamma, which I haven't used in this tutorial to make it simpler.

3. Using colored lighting instead of the BW lighting used.

First we'll select the stock. For my particular tutorial I am taking a white colored stock, If you are using any other stocks you may need to tweak the tutorial a bit.

This is my stock

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gareth+Bale+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Sunderland+LmKnBtiJ_Y8x.jpg

And the outcome

110178d1372522039-friendly-battles-bale.png

Step one: Resize the stock into a 100*100 canvas.

Step two: Duplicate the layer twice

Topmost layer: Desaturate, then set at soft light (choose the fill as per your stock, for mine it's 68%)

Middle layer: Set it at screen (choose the fill as per your stock, for mine it's 39%)

Step three: Make a new layer. Fill it with any color that matches the stock you picked (blue for white - maroon for red an so on). Set it at soft light at any percent fill/opacity you like (41% for my case)

Step four: Make a new layer, fill t with white, set it to soft light at around 20% fill

Step five: Add a photo filter. Adjust opacity and the color of the filter to your choice.

Step five: Now add selective color. This solely depends of color of stock, so if you're editing a red kit, use the reds column instead of white.

Step six: Now take a soft brush, and add lighting to any corner. If you overdo or underdo this step, you spoil the artwork.

Step seven: Fill a new layer with dark grey color, now with a very soft eraser of around 125 pixels, position it exactly in the middle of the icon to erase the dark color from the focal (main render), set the layer to soft light and adjust fill as you like (mine is 57%) This layer will five you excellent contrast.

Optional step: In new layer, Add a soft brush of any color matching with a render and just click on top of the render, set the layer mode to screen, for some good lighting effect. (I've added a blue one, set it at screen at 55% fill)

Step eight: Add the below texture at color dodge at around 15% fill

Last step: Time to add curves. If your artwork is a bit dark, then pull the curve upward, if it's too light then downward. Adjust the opacity.

That's it. Hope it was easy enough. I'd love some comment and thanks. If you need help, ask me. If you want the .psd post in the thread, so that I can send it to you or attach it if there's demand. Cheers. Please post your outcomes too.

You can share this tutorial anywhere and everywhere if you want, but please give me credit if you do so. Don't plagiarize this.​

-​

Last edited:

bumbisoft

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry, but I am a newbie can you tell me how to add a photo filter?

sujithfuturepro

County Cricketer
Dipak well done ! :clap
To do a tutorial is not that easy :yes
Great job !
Though I feel You could have had a different stock .. with someone facing front rather than showing his back ! which would have made newbies to understand the effect better and also it would have attracted well IMO ;)

Anyway Great job again ...
AND MY outcome !

Sorry If I didnt obey your tut at some stage or my outcome is bad :P

Attachments

• diptut.png
    diptut.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread