Do We Expect Too Much? - As for u EA sports...its time to deliver

S

sonic

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>i may get some abuse here but perhaps we are all holding high expectations of EA sports. Lets face it, there are only 9 "established" cricketing nations in world cricket (forget bangladesh) so are we raising the stakes a bit here? Should EA really feel duty bound to deliver to a fairly small minority of sports fans when compared to bigger franchises such as football? I see theres a new game on the way at the tail of this year, but lets not get carried away please, EA have a huge record of delivering loads of nicities, but when it comes to the nitty gritty (game action), they fall arse about face. Now, I'm not going to be totally against my beloved sport, so come on EA, you may not care about cricket, but at least make some effort to produce a decent title, its no good having this big ego where you think the brand name will guarantee sales. You need to live up to your fast receeding good name. You must realise that there's more to sport than just Football, us cricket fans have suffered enough over the years with a lack of titles and effort thrown in our direction. And please, wake up, there's more to a cricket game than getting the menu's and Saeed Anwar's beard looking good - give us a game to shout about this time for christ's sake!</span>

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with what you say Sonic, but the trouble is that EA released the game with an unbelievable amount of bugs in it, then promised a patch which, when released, does sweet FA. If a company the size of EA bothers to release any game , they should try to at least ensure that bugs are kept to a minimum.
Also, I couldn't agree more about EA's reputation of releasing games which look the dog's b****x but have shite gameplay. It's taken them several years of FIFA games to finally release one that's half-playable. They seem to cater for the casual 'arcade' type player, not the enthusiast of the particular sport the game covers, who's looking for realistic gameplay. To acheive this, we have to rely on the talented modders around here.

S

sonic

In fifa 2003 when you first load it you choose between an arcade style game or simulation (i.e realistic like pro evo) which i think should be incorporated in the next cricket game for more advanced players. Ive already read somewhere that the games loaded with 50 pretty stadiums, loads of tournaments and i just get this feeling the games going to end up in down the toilet

S

sonic

as for the patch, id prefer not to go down that road, I just believe EA have in general this big ego problem where they believe they are bigger than the sport they are trying to reproduce. They build us up and put us down, its a shame the patch did nothing - but typical EA - its substance is dog shite. They need to lose this whole attitude problem and concentrate on making a fine game.

sachida

Club Cricketer
I agree with gameplay thing. I think they concentrated more on how game feels and look rather than improving gameplay bug that were already existed in BLC. e.g. wicketkeeper not mooving at all. I dont expect 2004 title to improve it anyways. There patch is also dumb release. Unfortunately they are the only one developing any game. The preorder prize I read somewhere around 70$. Can you beleive that???????? Even NFL is sold for 50 bucks

S

sonic

You must be joking, $70 is ?50 stirling if my calculation is correct, most games in the UK retail at ?30 for the PC ($42) or ?40 playstation 2/xbox ($50). If EA think they can get me to fork out that much then their flogging a dead horse.

K

killa_stiky2002

sometimes I wonder...why doesn't Codemasters give them some tips???

It's quite obvious that Codemasters put in a lot more time into BLC/SWC than EA Sports put into CWC99 C2000(which I think was just CWC99 with a new cover) AND C2002.

I still think BLC/SWC (1999) beats Cricket 2002 (2002) in game play, and I thought things would improve with time!!!!!

Edited By killa_stiky2002 on 1046480173

S

sonic

don't be silly, EA do things backwards, things have to get worse (probably much worse) before they get better. we're yet to see any shots of cricket 2004 and apparently its out in 6 months. either i suggest they pull their fingers out or they do what i used to do at college, and what they did with cricket 2002.....start work on it 3 hours before the deadline!

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
we're yet to see any shots of cricket 2004 and apparently its out in 6 months.
Yeah its pretty odd that not a single screen of c2004 has been released and its supposed to be released this August! Knowing EA, I am thinking that it'll come out in Aug 2004, Andrew simply mistyped the year in that pm that's supposed to be from him!

S

sonic

that wouldnt surprise me ritwik, they seemed to do a lot of mistyping with the cricket 2002 coding so pressing a 4 instead of a 5 is a relatively easy mistake to make, even by EAs standards. Id prefer them to wait another year, I dont see the point in rushing a game out. Ok, they may lose a few sales (i expect EA have lost a few customers anyway after the patch thing) but its far better to spend time to make something special than to hurry it out. they should sit in a room, write down the good and bad points of c2002, listen to public opinion for once, and also employ the ace modders round here who have helped improve the last game immensely....

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Couldn't agree with you more, Sonic. I dream EA or any game company comes out with a low on frills high on substance cricket game for once.

Users who are viewing this thread