Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I don't disagree with those things, they are nice touches. The scenarios that I have issue with are:

1. If you hit a drive and run straight away the striker will run immediately. If you hit a drive, wait about a second, and then run, the striker won't run straight away and it's not until the non striker is about halfway down before he starts to run. This is in career mode, so I'm the player, I've called yes and yet I don't run.
Yeah that's the annoying one I'd like to see fixed. Often by the time you realise its happened, its too late to cancel the run so you're just praying you make it safely down the other end.

A funny scenario happened when I got both AI batsmen at the bowlers end. The ball was returned to the keeper but he refused to take the bails off, I assume because both batters were behind the crease. The game ended up being stuck in that situation, so I had to reload.
I've had that one too. It was pretty funny watching the replay but annoying that I had to reload. I wonder what would have happened if the ball got thrown to me and then I had knocked down the stumps at the keepers end.

There is no fun in struggling to get your oke to take the run , and after the 3rd tap when he eventually sets off , quickly realising your not going to make it anymore , and then cancelling , only for the oke to then dawdle back to the Crease without any sense of impending danger .

Oh , and also the blunt refusal of my runners to accept my request/demands for them to run a second run .

Why must I pray each time if they are going to agree with my input ?

There is no fun in struggling to get your oke to take the run , and after the 3rd tap when he eventually sets off , quickly realising your not going to make it anymore , and then cancelling , only for the oke to then dawdle back to the Crease without any sense of impending danger .

Oh , and also the blunt refusal of my runners to accept my request/demands for them to run a second run .

I find when the batsman cross mid-pitch that that's the earliest you can call for the 2nd or 3rd run... You can't just que 3 runs by going taptaptap, it's more tap for takeoff... wait for the cross over then tap... wait for batsman to cross again then tap. Hope that makes sense, personally I'm liking how it is... I also found if you press cancel run too late then it can lead to mix ups, it's especially cool while playing 2 player, both batting, that calls overide one another and can lead to comical confusion and silly run outs :)

What do you mean 'no fun'? It's lots of fun. I thought it was buggy to start with but have come to enjoy the slightly unpredictable running...it's almost a mini-game.

There's a lot to like with DBC17. Certainly there are a few things that need fixing or tweaking (that pull shot when you try to do an on drive, for instance) but I've been impressed so far. Just got selected for Durham with my career player (legspinner allrounder) and it was great to watch a pitch deteriorate over the 4 days of a first class match. Big cracks by day 4 and noteably better spin bowling conditions to a flat hard pitch. Managed to clear up the opposition tail-end even though my player isn't hugely skilled yet. I never got this feeling for changing conditions in DBC14. Nice.

Hi All,

I have created my own team , and my own players.

I have started my career mode in English county.

And when my club cricket starts I choose my created team.
To my surprise I found that team name everything is same but the players got changed as soon as career started , my created players are no more some dummy players it's showing.

Kits, Logos everything is same but only players got changed please help...

Please note that without career mode if I go to academy and check then no issues.

Hi All,

I have created my own team , and my own players.

I have started my career mode in English county.

And when my club cricket starts I choose my created team.
To my surprise I found that team name everything is same but the players got changed as soon as career started , my created players are no more some dummy players it's showing.

Kits, Logos everything is same but only players got changed please help...

Please note that without career mode if I go to academy and check then no issues.

It's intended. The team lineup is random whether you choose a custom team or not. It's to keep things challenging at the local cricket level. To stop you creating a team of supermen and blast past every team.

It's intended. The team lineup is random whether you choose a custom team or not. It's to keep things challenging at the local cricket level. To stop you creating a team of supermen and blast past every team.
Thanks... So there is no alternate solution you mean.

Loving the game since patch three, especially the challenging batting. But arrrrghhhhh at the frequency of over throws when I'm bowling, I think I missed out on 9-10 maidens due to over throws in my two hour session last night. :noway

I find that the hesitation in the running coupled to the return of the SUPER fieldsmen ruin my enjoyment of this game. I quite like the way you need to bat in this game but it is very grindy. The ability to take singles is absolutely needed to help over come the lack of power and stamina in younger players and players who are more conservative in nature. The fact that the Dev's decided to base much of this game on T20 early on condems the player into playing aggressively and take risks usually to their detriment. That's why to many, myself included, the hesitation of the non-striker and even your own player on occasions breaks the immersion and puts doubt into the players mindset. I even got to the stage that I simply didn't take singles unless they were on the boundary. All my scoring were straight drive, on drives and off drives with the occasional cover drive when I fluked the controller. Also square cuts very rarely. The fact that the game AI is incredibly 'stupid' in setting fields means that anything hit in the V will go away for four.
My suggestion is that if your want to retain the 'Pregnant Pause" for batsman after they hit a shot, then surely this should apply for the fielder who at the moment is moving to where THEY KNOW the ball will be milliseconds after you hit it. It would also open up areas of the field for quick singles where they don't currently exist at the moment.

had run through forums but no luck

question can 4 friends play together online (none are at the same house)
meaning 2 friends team up vs 2 friends for an online game against each other

Well we honestly see a patch 4 soon I really want the duplicate stats glitch fixed it annoys me apart from that it a good game

Users who are viewing this thread