Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

The problem is that you don't want the controls being too complicated, nor do you want it to be something that's just random.

Control are still Easy , Look at spinner There is no " NO BALL OPTION " for player That is my Concern

Control are still Easy , Look at spinner There is no " NO BALL OPTION " for player That is my Concern

Yes that is your concern. It's not really my concern, I think there is enough going on with spinners, if anything a greater concern with spin bowling for me is the lack of variation when it comes to width.

Yes, this was from a day or two ago, earlier in the thread. Totally understood what you were referring to. Although in that post, you were responding to a post of mine in which varying fielder speeds was not the subject at all. I was agreeing with someone else that certain things need fixed.

I really hope they have variations in fielder speed as no two people are the same. Strategy wise It makes it easier to pick off the weak fielder and snatch a single or two or plant the ball between to slow fielders.

Apparently, because I'm a man I'm unable to understand common sense? :lol I do hope that if you or someone you know ever has a little boy, that you don't teach them that they're incapable because they're male. I have a daughter myself and I'm constantly assuring her that girls/women are capable of understanding anything. Although just like males.... not all of them. [/QUOTE]

This was a joke, sorry! I don't have kids yet and a fear the worst, my sister tells me how much it hurts and she has three. Her pain tolerance is good but she has selective hearing. Most men are good but do have a sense of humor. I was being general!!!

As for your second quotation of me, where you say the listed issues are "not solved, nowhere near". I wasn't referring to an issued patch. I was referring to if they are solved by the developer and ready for release in an upcoming patch. If so, that would make them "solved". It's inherently obvious in the fact that I'm talking about a lack of communication from the developers about whats been successfully fixed in the upcoming patch.[/QUOTE]

No where near, patch three has made other things worse so BA are taking their time with Patch four which many of us on here are pleased considering this is a long term project not a cash and dash like other sports franchises (Just made that up, cool). Yep, maybe they could be a little more communicative but they probably don't have much to say and they are a small team so much to do.

Love peas and vegetable rights, Cazza!

The problem is that you don't want the controls being too complicated, nor do you want it to be something that's just random.

You can very well link no-balls to rotation of the stick. If you go beyond a certain range it's a no ball similar to how you need to time the delivery for fast bowlers. At the end of the day no balls from spinners is an integral and pretty common part of the game and should be included in the game.

You can very well link no-balls to rotation of the stick. If you go beyond a certain range it's a no ball similar to how you need to time the delivery for fast bowlers. At the end of the day no balls from spinners is an integral and pretty common part of the game and should be included in the game.

That's the point , You catch . Hope Dev do in Patch or Next iteration .

There is no excuse for a spinner to bowl a no ball - I can understand why it was left out. The only no ball a spinner should ever bowl is a waist high full toss if the ball slips out.

I decided to play the 50 overs world cup. Every match is played at Sydney Stadium. Is there anyway to play matches in different stadiums.

I decided to play the 50 overs world cup. Every match is played at Sydney Stadium. Is there anyway to play matches in different stadiums.
I have been told to link every team with a stadium but for a competition like this not truly possible okay for a league.

What stadiums does it show on the fixtures screen? Is showing all Sydney? Some of the teams that have been downloaded especially the Minnows have renamed the Sydney ground to their respected home grounds. Also check what ground you have listed against the country’s, this will help identify any errors e.g. Ireland have 2 grounds listed but one of them was a copy of Sydney (renamed of course) as that is the default stadium. Also the more stadiums linked to their country means more grounds to play on but it is randomised, so you cannot choose what stadium to play in which is a bit annoying. I think only in casual mode is where you can choose the grounds.

Another thing when you finish your game does it registers the correct details of the result? Or does it show different teams with your result and then show’s your fixture that you just finished as not being played? This has happened to me in the WC 50 overs competition.

I skipped to my next ball and the previous ball was a no ball and should have been a free hit. I then got out and I was actually out. This was a t20 and they have free hits usually.

There is no excuse for a spinner to bowl a no ball - I can understand why it was left out. The only no ball a spinner should ever bowl is a waist high full toss if the ball slips out.

Theoretically there's no excuse for any bowler to bowl a no ball but it happens. Bowlers, including spinners, do bowl no balls and it's a pretty common occurrence.

Theoretically there's no excuse for any bowler to bowl a no ball but it happens. Bowlers, including spinners, do bowl no balls and it's a pretty common occurrence.

Exactly. Couldn't it have been as simple as making it being too late on the last input, or is there some reason that won't work?

What stadiums does it show on the fixtures screen? Is showing all Sydney? Some of the teams that have been downloaded especially the ******s have renamed the Sydney ground to their respected home grounds. Also check what ground you have listed against the country’s, this will help identify any errors e.g. Ireland have 2 grounds listed but one of them was a copy of Sydney (renamed of course) as that is the default stadium. Also the more stadiums linked to their country means more grounds to play on but it is randomised, so you cannot choose what stadium to play in which is a bit annoying. I think only in casual mode is where you can choose the grounds.

Another thing when you finish your game does it registers the correct details of the result? Or does it show different teams with your result and then show’s your fixture that you just finished as not being played? This has happened to me in the WC 50 overs competition.

On the fixtures screen for every single match for every single team it shows Sydney Stadium and the matches that I have played have all been played at the SCG. When the match finishes the match result does get registered correct teams.

It is only a small thing and it doesn't really impact on gameplay but it is annoying playing every single match at the same ground.

I am terribly sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere, but I would like to know if there exists any way of getting "random" back into the Academy.

I like creating my own narratives and leagues in these games, which means that I spent a lot of time in '14 creating rando players and teams with the use of "Random all" options. However, the only place I can find that exists now where this is a possibility is in the "Skills" bit. I'd like getting through randomizing the looks of a player, as well as randomizing team kits, just so I don't have to manually craft hundreds of players.

Is there a tool or a fix coming for this specific purpose?

Users who are viewing this thread