Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Folks, does anyone know how I can see what type of bowler is bowling when I'm at strike (e.g., Fast, Fast Medium, Off Spinner, Leg Spinner etc.)? Sometime I accidentally skip the screen when the bowler is about to start an over or spell and then I can't figure out what sort of bowler is bowling to me. I tried pressing up on d-pad but it only shows the Confidence level and Stamina of the batsmen and the bowler. Am I missing something?

Sadly once you ignore all the trolls it's really hard to read the threads. It looks like people are talking to themselves and I have no idea what everyone is saying. Just a couple of weeks and they'll go away...

Just managed to download the community teams on Xbox and wanted to thank all you people who put in the time to create some amazing players. Hats off to you all.

Have you tried it with the new patch and can you tell me how it is playing

If your talking about career indiv stats, it hasn't been changed as of yet but Big Ant made the indication that it will be included in the 3rd patch. After this patch most things seem to be flowing more (especially in the academy). I rarely personally came across many bugs or glitches before and haven't yet with the new patch. The patch is a good sign and I'm eagerly awaiting the 3rd patch.

one thing just noticed while batting if batsman is out of the crease he does not put his bat(slide his bat to cross the crease) on the crease to pass it. yes diving is there when u need to dive but when u go for advance short and incase u miss the short the batsman try to run towards the crease without putting his bat on the crease. Same issue was there when DBC 14 was first released but after patches it was fixed so i guess this one will also will be patched in upcoming patch so just wanted to let u know
thanks

one thing just noticed while batting if batsman is out of the crease he does not put his bat(slide his bat to cross the crease) on the crease to pass it. yes diving is there when u need to dive but when u go for advance short and incase u miss the short the batsman try to run towards the crease without putting his bat on the crease. Same issue was there when DBC 14 was first released but after patches it was fixed so i guess this one will also will be patched in upcoming patch so just wanted to let u know
thanks

unless i am confusing what you are saying.

when you run between wickets, you hold right trigger (R2) and they will sprint between wickets. While holding R2, if the system recognizes that you are approaching the crease at a similar time to the incoming throw then the player at the end the ball is going to will slide the bat, if there is no threat of the ball incoming then they will waltz in normal and hold at the crease

unless i am confusing what you are saying.

when you run between wickets, you hold right trigger (R2) and they will sprint between wickets. While holding R2, if the system recognizes that you are approaching the crease at a similar time to the incoming throw then the player at the end the ball is going to will slide the bat, if there is no threat of the ball incoming then they will waltz in normal and hold at the crease

yea same thing was there in DBC 14 but in dbc 17 i just got stummped by the keeper after missing the advance short because my keeper was just running back without sliding the bat and yes i had holded R2 and this thing happend to me while running between the wickets also i always press R2. but to make sure i will double check again in case i miss something.

yea same thing was there in DBC 14 but in dbc 17 i just got stummped by the keeper after missing the advance short because my keeper was just running back without sliding the bat and yes i had holded R2 and this thing happend to me while running between the wickets also i always press R2. but to make sure i will double check again in case i miss something.
i think if you advance the ball and miss it, your only option is to press B ( on xbox, which i think is circle on PS?)

same button that cancels a run

unfortunately 99% of the time, if you advance and miss the ball, you are going to get stumped against a spinner almost every time.

against a seamer you should be able to make it back.

yes iam on ps4, maybe my timming is not that great to to press those button in time but also i thought it might be the same case as was in DBC 14 without patches
i will try my hand tonight and let see if something changes :)

Have put in a few hours into this so far, but every match played during the day is in bright sunshine, like DBC14.

Has anyone noticed any cloud cover and overcast conditions?

Im yet to see a cloud in this game. Maybe because I have random rain turned off in my casual matches. Not sure. Would atleast expect nice clouds to match the nice grass

I wish they had overhead conditions in the game. Ive seen rain, moving clouds, effects of humidity and effects of wind in golf, soccer and baseball games for years. Decades. Even earlier cricket games like Shane Warne 99 and Cricket 97 had it. In cricket the overhead conditions influence play so much. So many strategical and tactical decisions are made accordingly.

Maybe one day. :(

cricket97.JPG

Last edited:
I had to reinstall the whole game. It kept crashing on doing a custom match. I deleted all the logos manually, deleted all the teams I downloaded and nothing has worked. Hopefully reinstalling it is going to help me actually play the game. Very frustrating.

So since patch 2 I can't play the game at all as it always crashes hopefully they fix it soon

Users who are viewing this thread