Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

cricket captain got worse as time went on. The original was by far the best version. (Plus it came with a free copy of Wisden!)

To say that you're giving up on this for the new cricket captain is like giving up on Kelly Brook to date Angela Merkel!

Cricket Captain isn't even the best cricket management series. That said, CC14 was pretty buggy, and CC15/16/17 or whatever it's going to be called now is definitely getting into vapourwear territory.

I just of wish they actually innovated with the Cricket Captain series at some point in the last 18 odd years. The only major changes they've made since the 90s was a 3D match engine, and that's edging closer and closer to a decade ago now.

Has anyone else had a problem downloading teams? I tried get best as I just got the game yesterday but everything was censored. So I was going to try download them seperately but get a message about my PSN account not being allowed to download created content, could not find a way around this?

Is your psn the primary account for the PS4? And are you sure the parental control settings are turned off? These are the only two things I can think of why you aren't being allowed to download stuff.

Last edited:
Cricket Captain isn't even the best cricket management series. That said, CC14 was pretty buggy, and CC15/16/17 or whatever it's going to be called now is definitely getting into vapourwear territory.

I just of wish they actually innovated with the Cricket Captain series at some point in the last 18 odd years. The only major changes they've made since the 90s was a 3D match engine, and that's edging closer and closer to a decade ago now.

I have Bought Cricket Captain from 2009 Till 2016 , UI and Camera angle Have decreased Every Year , Now Got Worst .

Got the game for christmas - it lacks so much feel and atmosphere. From the dead sound of the ball hitting the bat, to the horrible commentary, to having no indicators coming up on screen to tell how your team is tracking chasing down a total, and of course the limited and often pathetic animations. If I have to take one thing from the game is that its simply boring as batshit to play.

The lack of stats/info on the screen for shorter formats is something which gets me. DBC 14 had it and you see the basic stats/info every cricket match but somehow it's not in DBC 17. The fact that you can't see the total you are chasing or the run rate reqd or balls remaining etc. is surprising. This basic info should be displayed every ball in shorter formats (Target, Reqd RR, occasionally Current RR, Comparison with the other team every 5 overs or so - say SA are 55/1 after 10 and the info says Aus were 59/2 at the same stage).

Hi
Does anybody know a fix for the Academy is unavailable, please try again later. I've been trying for 2 days now and still can't connect to the cricket academy. I'm playing on ps4.
Thanks.

The lack of stats/info on the screen for shorter formats is something which gets me. DBC 14 had it and you see the basic stats/info every cricket match but somehow it's not in DBC 17. The fact that you can't see the total you are chasing or the run rate reqd or balls remaining etc. is surprising. This basic info should be displayed every ball in shorter formats (Target, Reqd RR, occasionally Current RR, Comparison with the other team every 5 overs or so - say SA are 55/1 after 10 and the info says Aus were 59/2 at the same stage).
I agree with the point about stats but u can pause the game for a couple of seconds to check the opponents score and judge a approximate run rate

Yeah , thats another workaround .

We dont need workarounds , just basic Cricket stuff that should be on the front row seat , not hidden behind some tile after four clicks .

My Online Opponents would not like me alot if I have to do it that way to get the info each time .

I agree with the point about stats but u can pause the game for a couple of seconds to check the opponents score and judge a approximate run rate

I don't want to go down 4 clicks in the menu every other over to figure out what's the target or what's the Reqd RR (which by the way you can't see and calculate yourself). In fact looking at a match in progress you can't even tell whether it's the first innings or a 2nd innings in the shorter formats.

Cricket 97 had pop up indicators FFS...

If CC is buggy then what the hell is DBC17??? :lol

Oh look on queue, its the Planetcricket NKVD ready to flame someone daring to criticize the game.

Are you ever not a patronizing, condescending, brown-nosing flog? Literally every post.

And yet loads of us are criticising the game and not being flamed by Snowy or indeed anyone else. Wonder what's special about you snowflake?

Users who are viewing this thread