Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Ahm! Well, I wanted to execute those nasty hits on shoulder and upper weist region. There was some sweet animations in AC 09 like that with commentary! Wanted that mind game thing in play.........Just to intimidate batsmen, y'know! ;) hitting on the head is awful. No I don't wanna kill anybody! :)
I know, a little intimidation to rattle the batsman to get that easy out. We don't want anyone getting hurt just rilled. But confidence should dropped big time.

Yea the leave is directional just like the shots and blocks are. If you leave to the wrong direction (or with no footwork), except the worst!

On that note, it should definitely halve batsman confidence, even if temporarily until end of the over or something. But it would be great if it depended on the batsman's mentality. E.g. Justin Langer couldn't give a shit if you hit him with a bouncer, he'd probably use his head to block it if he was tall enough. Whereas someone like Handscombe or Smith might be a little more circumspect about coming forward to the next ball. This might be a pipe dream though.

Suggestions after the patch
- Batsman runs back through the stumps to get back, just the good old back leg drag making a return would be great
- Batsman sometimes makes that big U turn to get back creating the run out.
- Easy way to catch the ball when fielder comes in line of the ball.. Mainly said for career mode..
- Slide over boundary while fielders field is still there..
- Inside edges are great welcome but they sometimes feel overdone.. Instead of bat then pad make them bat pad together which would feel more realistic, talking mainly for pace..Spin is fine as it is..

Its a pity that the Slide over the rope is still there , very annoying animation.

Do the fielders stop the overthrows properly now , or run back and wait for the ball to cross the Boundary rope before stopping it ?

Suggestions:

1. Start the career mode in atleast 40 over games, not 20/20;
2. in the HUD, there needs to be an indicator for the type of bowler you're facing. If you sim to your next bat, suddenly you'll be facing a spinner without knowing whether he's left/right and bowls wrist/finger. makes a big difference.

I'd like a lot of stuff but one that I think is straightforward is for the L3 option, that shows basic skills of the opposing bowler or batsman, to show info about the player I'm controlling. I want to know my bowlers strengths as much as the opposition batsman.

I feel that with spin bowling it is too easy to get maximum revolutions on the ball. You can basically get a full green circle every time. I like the design, how the amount of spin imparted on the ball is locked as soon as you stop rotating the left stick leaving you to just focus on the release. However we should only get one crack at rotating the left stick for spin every ball. The flaw with the current method is that If you stuff up the rotation and end up on the red you got plenty of time to quickly do another rotation and get a full green circle. I feel it would be better if we get one crack at it; as soon as we stop the act of rotating it is locked permanently, this way we can rotate as many times as we like as long as we are continuing the rotation but as soon as we stop it should lock permanently. This way if u stop rotating and end up in the red u cant go back and do another rotation to get max revs. In away the spin input should be equivalent of the fast bowlers jump you only get one crack at it each ball, this would also compensate for the lack of a jump input for spin bowlers.

If not possible for dbc 17, something to think about for future iterations.

Please add warm up games under career mode in a bilateral series specially while touring Australia, India , England, South Africa, Newzealand ,West indies .

Like we do can create fixtures for a calendar year in Tour mode, can you include an option to create fixtures for career mode for a calendar year

I've mentioned this before but I guess it got buried under all the other suggestions.

It would be super cool to have snicko and hotspot on demand. We do have the ball tracking at our disposal so having all 3 at a time will be gold.

Add the Irish League that now has First Class status to the game. I haven't checked yet but the teams may be downloadable and we could custom create the league but would be great if it's included on career mode and the next on-disc release that presumably will be saved for 2020 i.e.: Don Bradman Cricket 2020.

I've mentioned this before but I guess it got buried under all the other suggestions.

It would be super cool to have snicko and hotspot on demand. We do have the ball tracking at our disposal so having all 3 at a time will be gold.
Yep second that!

I'd like a lot of stuff but one that I think is straightforward is for the L3 option, that shows basic skills of the opposing bowler or batsman, to show info about the player I'm controlling. I want to know my bowlers strengths as much as the opposition batsman.
That is definitely in there. Press L3 before they are about to bowl.

upload_2017-5-8_1-56-49.png

Edit: Just realised I misread that. I thought you meant opposition skills. Not your own :facepalm

Under career mode even though you play good or not career skill points achieved remains same...man of the match also no extra rewards.
It would be good to change this and the skill points should be given based on runs we score and wickets we take.

Ex:
Batting per innings:

0-25 runs 1000 points
25-50 runs 2000 points
50-75 runs 3000 points
75-100 runs 4000 points
100 or 100+ runs 5000 points

Bowling per innings:

1 wkts 1000 points
2 wkts 2000 points
3 wkts 3000 points
4 wkts 4000 points
5 or 5+ wkts 5000 points

This would get averaged also more realistic instead of constant points always .

When moving to higher levels like county , international same ratio can be maintained to give the points.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread