Download format - zip vs rar/ace

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atul

Is it possible that all the downloads at c2002 or blc online are compressed as rar or ace format instead of zip? I admit they are not so popular as zip, but they are much smaller. And nowadays, decompressors for them like PowerArchiver, WinRAR, WinACE are quite common and easy to use (though probably not as common as WinZip but surely as easy as WinZip).
It saves a lot of downloading time.
eg. the New Player Editor in zip format was 91kb, and 78kb in rar format. This may not seem to big a difference for such 100kb downloads, but I feel it makes a diffrerence as the downloads approach somewhere around 500 - 600kb.

(poor me, just a lousy little mtnl dial up connection)

thengakola

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually now rar is becomng as popular as zip but ace which gives the best compression is still not well known.

the downloads at cricket 2002 online and blc are submitted by others and most still send them in as zips. Now to recompress all the dloads would be tiresome and really not worth the effort since most files are less than 200 KB.

PS:if you want rar files goto www.cricket2002.tk where almost all downloads are rar files :)

Spykids

School Cricketer
RAR/ACE formats are better in my views.They are often good compressors than ZIP. RAR files are now common because now most of the PC games require RAR(RAR tools).
eg:-GTA San Andreas.
So I consider RAR/ACE as a better compress tool than ZIP.

brad352

Executive member
Spykids said:
RAR/ACE formats are better in my views.They are often good compressors than ZIP. RAR files are now common because now most of the PC games require RAR(RAR tools).
Yes, but I doubt they'll help our Cricket 2002 downloads all that much at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread