• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Short Leg

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

Southern Redbacks Vs Victorian Bushrangers
The Adelaide Oval

Hughes: Slatter is on the radar

Former Australian fast bowler and now member of the Australia selection panel Mervin Hughes has spoken out of the eve of the Victorian Bushrangers Pura Cup match against the Southern Redbacks about young all round prospect Jesse Slatter. ?With the aging nature of the Australian cricket team the selection team is always looking to give a younger player an opportunity to prove that the next generation of Australian cricketers can fill the boots that the current players will eventually leave unfilled.? It is a scientific fact that Victorian?s (Brad Hodge) are not favored at the selection table with the panel usually opting for a talent less New South Welshmen (Simon Katich) but a recent run of form from Slatter has put his name up in lights and umuge those that will be considered for the squad responsible for winning back the Ashes.

?Slats is one of my favourite domestic cricketers to watch and his recent 60 odd at the WACA against WA in the Pura Cup at a run a ball highlights that the kid has the talent to play some good cricket and his ability to take wickets is also adds to the package. He's on the radr for selection but he need's to show the selectors that he is capable of playing a big innings which is why we will all be watching the Bushrangers Vs Redbacks match very closely.? The Australian Selectors are expected to name a squad for the 1st Test at Brisbane just days before the test commences on the 23rd of November.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Now its a real test for Slats....Chance for the dream to come true.. but he has to play well in next match.... This is going to be interesting! ;)

plympilgrim

International Coach
being noticed by the legend that is merv hughes, slatts is onto something here

Short Leg

International Cricketer

Southern Redbacks Vs Victorian Bushrangers
Adelaide Oval
October 27th ? 30th 2006

Match Preview

Brendan Julian: Hello and welcome to the Adelaide Oval ahead of this Pura Cup match between the Southern Redbacks and the Victorian Bushrangers. The Victorians have had the wood over SA in 4-day cricket at this ground winning 56.41 percent of the time. Victoria have gone to the top of the Pura Cup with 6 points as a result of their recent win away against Western Australia where as the Redbacks have slipped to 5th after drawing their first match New South Wales at the SCG recently. It?s looking like the visitors will start favourites in this one so the toss will be even more crucial for the Redbacks. Geoff Lawson was down on the ground a little earlier today so we?ll see what he thought of the pitch for this match.

The Pitch Report

Geoff Lawson: Thanks BJ, Les Burdett the curator here at the Adelaide Oval has done a great job considering the extreme heat we?ve had over the last couple of days. There is some even grass coverage on this pitch that will provide some life from the deck if the bowlers bowl in the right areas. Traditionally this pitch offers assistance to the bowlers in the first session before evening out and becoming a good batting track that provides an even contest. The temperature for this match is going to be at and above 30 degrees for all four days so short sharp spells of bowling will be in order. In terms of pitch positions this one is on the left side of the wicket block which will offer short boundaries for shots played square of the wicket. All in all a track that will be good for batting and hopefully offer a result for this match.

Brendan Julian: So there you have it we can expect the bowlers to get a bit of sideways movement in the first session but all in all it will be a good track for batting. Jamie Cox is down there with the two captains Shane Warne and Darren Lehmann now for the coin toss.

Coin Toss

Jamie Cox: Shane Warne has won the toss for Victoria and is electing to bat. It looks a good even pitch Shane.

Shane Warne?s Comments

Shane Warne: ?Yeah it wont matter to much who does what first but we?d like to have the Redbacks batting last on a pitch that will hopefully break up a bit and offer some spin on day 4. We?ve started the season off with a win and we?ll be looking to continue playing good cricket and extend the gap between s in top spot and the rest of the competition.?

Darren Lehmann?s Comments

Darren Lehmann: ?We would have batted first but having said that there?ll be some assistance for bowlers and with blokes like Shaun Tait bowling 150km/h and Jason Gillespie also with some fair pace I?d back us to pick up a few early wickets and put Victoria on the back foot. Hopefully we can get our first win of the season in front of our home crowd.?

The Teams

Brendan Julian: It looks like we?re in for a cracking contest over 4 days here at the Adelaide Oval. When we come back it will be the Bushrangers opening batsmen to start us off in this Pura Cup match.

MWaugh

International Coach
Short Leg said:

Hughes: Slatter is on the radar

It would be great to see Slatter play in some Australia A games, much like the top end tour. Instead of going into the ashes squad straight away.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
MWaugh said:
It would be great to see Slatter play in some Australia A games, much like the top end tour. Instead of going into the ashes squad straight away.

Now its making me to think! If at all Slats gets selected for Aussies, its tough to enter into Team XI.. isnt it? But this has been a dream for the hard working man!
Also Slats have to perform well in this match also to prove his consistency!

Really exciting and Top Story SL!

plympilgrim

International Coach
as suren said, i think if slats performs well for the next 5 or 6 games he could be 12th man and gradually worm his way into the first 11

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I'd like to see him play in the 'A' side first before getting picked for Australia. Hopefully he won't do a Hussey and have to bat for years before getting selected.

Short Leg

International Cricketer
Sorry for not posting here in a while but my computer decided that it didn't want to work anymore which means i've lost my save game files so basically this story doesn't have a future unfortunately.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Short Leg said:
Sorry for not posting here in a while but my computer decided that it didn't want to work anymore which means i've lost my save game files so basically this story doesn't have a future unfortunately.
Well how many games are down this year? Surely you could just have those first games autoplayed and say they were recounted or ball tampering forfeits or something stupid like that? Would be a shame to see this go.

madmick96

Club Cricketer
yeah it was a great story but u can just fix the comp re-install the programs and skip to the warm up matches in the ashes?

Users who are viewing this thread