EA Cricket 2005!?

Guys, i posted this a while ago....

Confused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,
I wrote to EA support about a week ago to ask if it was cricket 2005 or 2006 which was being produced:
the response i got was very supriseing......

EA Response (Grant) 08/02/2005 02:42 PM
Hi Sam,

thanks for contacting us here at EA. the game in question is "Cricket 2005" and there is no official release date as yet. Please look at our website for release dates as they will be noted here.

www.eagames.co.uk

i hope this helps.
Best Regards,

Grant
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
electronicarts.co.uk
www.ie.ea.com

If you want more proof i am very happy to send you the e-mail, surely emplyees should know whether the game is produced 2005 or 2006?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by themuel1 : 8th February 2005 at 09:15 PM.

By seeing on HB Studio it looks sure that now they are looking forward to release Cricket 2005 .It is good news because after seeing some positive progress in Rugby ,some major increments can be expected with this one.I think they are intended to release this game before time because of codemasters.

Does it really matter the name of the game is? - it ain gonna be released until next Aussie summer (oct-nov) and when games by EA are released in that time (ie fifa, madden, nhl, nba, etc) they all say the next year 2006. They havent even said its full in production like BLC 2005 which is said to be Jun-July.
With little to no press at all in UK and Aus I doubt very much EA will release a cricket game within the next 6 mnths.

I think they can release it bit earlier as some site mentiond it q3.

Yeah but no production notes or anything its way too early - if they were going to release it mid year (and cricket being the number one sport, played at the end of the year) they would be more vocial on the subject, whats the use of a surprise release, especially when its the same time as Brian Lara Cricket coming out.

Many people predict this to be released soon like between July through Oct, is sucidial for many reasons (1) BLC comes out and would be head to head many people will only have the opporunity to buy one game at that time (which will be the first one released ie Lara Cricket @ $80 odd and EA Sports/HB studios would put theres out 2 weeks later at the same price, by the time you have money to buy the second game EA Sports version would already be dropped off its price by $20.00) If they release it mid november when the super series is on - maximum potential.

(2) All Aussie games are delayed ie AFL, NRL (last year) previous versions of Cricket games etc etc, EA Sports are good with their annual deadlines for FIFA, etc. But when these are developed either in Canada or here in OZ for this market, they dont have the facilities, the manpower or the money in production to give exact deadlines. Rugby 2005 is about 6 mnths late

(3) Also wasnt Cricket 2004 released on PS2 only, then 6 months later released on PC after months and months of protest by fans??? - theres no money in PC versions anymore (why buy it when you can download it).

Who cares what the game is called or what the rumours say history speeks for itself, I hope we do get a cricket game this year - delayed or not, but I will be very surprised if we get two, considering how very small the market is (with the exception of Asia, its the same market combining both AFL/NRL game markets) maybe smaller.

I do hope im wrong but im also awaiting another version of Rugby League and thats even worse they dont know, it changes monthly.

Last edited:
zulaid2005 said:
(3) Also wasnt Cricket 2004 released on PS2, then 6 months later released on PC after months and months of protest by fans???
erm, no

My mistake im thinking of another cricket game, still praying for a release date and then when its delayed, fans scream ohh this better be bug proof and when its not :crying

Theres no offical word and so many threads on the subject they should put this as a sticky.

Yeah my apologizes it was Cricket 2002

http://www.cricketgames.com/games/ps2/cricket2002/

Last edited:
Cricket 2005 it is then. Anyways I dont see it coming out before September 2005. Therefore BLC 2005 will be the first game out.

But If its not released by November they will probably rename it as it would be confusing to release a game called 2005 in 2006.

look peeps, dont get your hopes up - it's Ea, it's cricket, therefore it will be c***

Why am I so confident - cos HB Studios are making it yet again. Since BLC 98, they have used the same incorrect default fields, pathetic cpu pacing files that take no account of match situation. Poor WK's, more bugs than stars in the Universe etc etc etc etc

No amount of hype should delude you that this game will be any different. Definitely wait for a few weeks after release to see if its worth buying

Zimhrill ,you are right.Firstly we should wait that how it looks then we can go for purchase.I am hopefull that they will officialy told about this game after the release of Rugby 2005 and which is not far away.

ill buy it straight away.

Cricket 2004 was full of glitches etc. but most of the people here have played the game a hell of alot and had a great time doing it.

you cant say u regret buying the game if you have played it for this long

Na,
Its only the fact that you can only patch and edit so much, the game has so many glitches the only fun part of the game is editing it, I pretty much cant stand playing a 50 over game without autoplaying but i can spend weeks just updating rosters and graphics, making kits ect,

Also the fact that 2004 is really the only option when I play cricket otherwise, 2002 is far too out of date and ICC Cricket Manager doesnt allow Bangladesh in tests.

Users who are viewing this thread