EA Sports Cricket 2005 rocks

Srinath Krishna

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi dudes!!!

I had just bought cricket 2k5 and it rocks with enhanced graphics and controls. The gameplay is very good and i think that it was a good idea to have bought it...

I hope u all agree with me...

I find it a little difficult to bat in cricket 2005 than in the previous version of the game. can anyone of you can tell me how to post a good total!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy and also :help

Yeah it is good !!
What you should do to practice batting is go to play now..do unlimitied overs 5 day..be austraila and play against USA..this should give you good practice.
Also try the nets

I bought cricket 2005 last week,its a fair game,but only in the batting and graphics department though its very ordinary in other aspects. The bowling is fairly very very easy...and note that i play on HARD mode, i can easily bowl out a team in 3 overs for less than 2 runs i bowled out india for just 1 run and bowled out australia twice for 25 and 10 respectively. You can try this just choose a fast bowler, place the ball circle in such a way that all three stumps are in the middle, bowl to a left hander pressing A and then using the arrow keys to extend the swing for a right hander use D and vice versa. You may occassionally get hit for a four or a six but mostly you'll get a bowled or LBW, i don't know if this has been brought up before but the batting isn't all that realistic, interms of AI of the PC and user batting, strokes aren't really that difficult or slow even in real life cricket to execute.

no offence to any EA fan boys but thats just my opinion ive enjoyed both cricket games this year.

Yeah but i dont bowl like that..i bowl like a proper bowler would bowl

bowling properly makes it boring.especially when you know that just one delivery will get him out, i'd rather try to get a batsmen out through different deliveries and different strategies rather than bowling line and length and knowing just one backup sort of a delivery that will get the batsmen out whenever the partnership isnt breaking. Maybe its just me, but a know it all game, at least my interest doesn't stay long oh well what the hell there is always the auto play.

i hope brian lara gives us good bowling experience

Srinath Krishna said:
Hi dudes!!!

I had just bought cricket 2k5 and it rocks with enhanced graphics and controls. The gameplay is very good and i think that it was a good idea to have bought it...

I hope u all agree with me...

I find it a little difficult to bat in cricket 2005 than in the previous version of the game. can anyone of you can tell me how to post a good total!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy and also :help
I agree with you, this game was far better then many people thought it would be.

Asjad said:
bowling properly makes it boring.especially when you know that just one delivery will get him out, i'd rather try to get a batsmen out through different deliveries and different strategies rather than bowling line and length and knowing just one backup sort of a delivery that will get the batsmen out whenever the partnership isnt breaking. Maybe its just me, but a know it all game, at least my interest doesn't stay long oh well what the hell there is always the auto play.
Your a fool, I mean this line proves it
"bowling properly makes it boring"
:rolleyes:

yea when u bowl a good line and lenght in the game ( like a magrath or harmison would) its boring but atleast the cpu bats better

Brian Lara Cricket

Thanks for your suggestion guys.

I havent bought Brian Lara so far?

So hows it?

Is it worth buying????????????????

:hpraise

It is surely enjoyable game and with proper ai patch will be really entertaining stuff.

Im enjoying cricket 2005. It is tempting sometimes not to use the ball which you know will get batsman out when they're starting to put on a good partnership.

Asjad said:
I bought cricket 2005 last week,its a fair game,but only in the batting and graphics department though its very ordinary in other aspects. The bowling is fairly very very easy...and note that i play on HARD mode, i can easily bowl out a team in 3 overs for less than 2 runs i bowled out india for just 1 run and bowled out australia twice for 25 and 10 respectively. You can try this just choose a fast bowler, place the ball circle in such a way that all three stumps are in the middle, bowl to a left hander pressing A and then using the arrow keys to extend the swing for a right hander use D and vice versa. You may occassionally get hit for a four or a six but mostly you'll get a bowled or LBW, i don't know if this has been brought up before but the batting isn't all that realistic, interms of AI of the PC and user batting, strokes aren't really that difficult or slow even in real life cricket to execute.

no offence to any EA fan boys but thats just my opinion ive enjoyed both cricket games this year.

If you find bowling too easy on Hard then don't play on Hard difficulty then, it's simple logic really, I played on Medium difficulty on Cricket 2004 and found matches to be a lot closer than when I played on Hard. for example I went through the World Cup with West Indies and although I only lost 1 match I had some close games in one match I got 256/10 off 49 overs against New Zealand and they managed to chase it down in 46 overs, ok so I lose a few wickets here and there on purpose but I'd rather get realistic scores than say get 500/1 or something ridiculous in a 50 over game. In the final I only beat Australia by just 2 wickets chasing down 241 so it was a interesting, tense final instead of a one sided walkover. I didn't really think much of the hard difficulty on 04 after playing Pakistan with Kenya and beating them by 43 runs defending a modest 210 I find the CPU bats better on Medium than Hard even Holland put up 258 against me in the World Cup and my bowling wasn't that bad I thought.

as for Cricket 2005 I'm still getting use to the timing lol in my first match against England with New Zealand in a ODI they got 232/9 off 50 overs and I was bowled all out for a miserable 37 runs :( then played South Africa and was all out for 59 chasing 226 but then managed 151 after loading up the same game so my batting is slowly improving :D I finally managed a win over West Indies with England in a 10 over game after posting a respectable 67 and then bowling them all out for 46 :)

P.S. calling people EA Fan Boys is rather lame to say the least and is sort of comment that would come from a immature 12 year old. just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread