{ECT: Road to the Wembley} AC Milan, AS Monacao, PSG & Dortmund through semis

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Anyway, Luiz Gustavo as a striker and van Persie as a midfielder?
I did check both side's sheets instantly after the last sub, it was at 76', nothing wild found, got back to the game and didn't care until the game was finished. It must have happened in between 80-90 minutes; C'mon you can hate fifa.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Atletico Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png

The late kick off in the round of 8s, from Europa Champions Trophy.

image.png

Atletico Madrid's starting lineup.

image.png

Borussia Dortmund's starting lineup.

image.png

Joe Hart in his 7th appearence of the competition.

image.png

It was an early counter attack, first of the match. Robert Lewandowski delivered a brilliant curve-in and Samir Nasri netted a goal on a clean slidening finish.

image.png

Dortmund were in front with that goal; the goal that came too early in the match, just after the minute.

image.png

After being 1-0 up, Dortmund players were working hard in defense to keep that one goal lead.

image.png

Diego Costa making most of his chance, tried a low shot attempt but goal keeper just saved it perfectly.

image.png

Atletico Madrid's man inspiring an attack. After being behind in front home crowd, players actually had to work hard to get a much needed breakthrough.

image.png

Robert Lewandowski tried to net a wild goal against a keeper of high standard and the attack finished in an absolute result where keeper worked out for the safety.

image.png

Atletico player tried to score a heading goal on the ball delivered in from a corner; but in the end Joe Hart judged the ball's direction and punched the ball aside.

image.png

At the end of first half, home side were in an unexpected positions. It certainly should have been in their favor but the away side just came up with a even better performance.

image.png

Half Time: Atletico Madrid 0, Borussia Dortmund 0.

image.png

It was a well composed attack in the beginning of the second half, some accurate passes were shared... Kevin Strootman beaten a defender, found an opening and he striked but the keeper saved it!

image.png

It was still in... Marco Reus scored beautiful goal in the end of a wonderful attack.

image.png

Borussia Dortmund now were in a massive position from where they would not have lost the match. Marco Reus celebarating an absolutely joyous moment. It could have been a game deciding goal.

image.png

Dortmund playmaker lobbed a clean ball in Marco Reus' direction and Marco Reus responded to it with a proper first touch.

image.png

Substitution from the away bench.

image.png

They had very little chances to get back in the match, but they had to score two goals without conceding none from their side. Atletico Madrid's player took a long shot on the goal trying to score from a wild opportunity.

image.png

That could be a goal but keeper made a fine save.

image.png

The tactical replacements from both benches.

image.png

The match was over! Atletico Madrid played well throughout the competition, they led in the group to earn the home advantage; but couldn't make an impact with that. Unfortunately the contest was overred for them.

image.png

Borussia Dortmund had the reason to celebrate and joy. They putted their best efforts on a tough day at away from home and ended up with the victory as a result of a solid performance.

facts.png

Match Facts

events.png

Match Events

RATINGS
|
GOALS
|
ASSISTS
|
SAVES
|
Nasir 1, Reus 1
|
Strootman 1, Lewandoski 1
|
Courtois 7
|
-
|
-
|
Hart 6

@themusketeer @ankurcshah

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
QUARTER FINAL RESULTS
FC Porto (3)2-2(4) AC Milan

AS Monacao 2-1 Liverpool

Atletico Madrid 0-2 Borussia Dortmund

PSG 1-0 Chelsea
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEMI FINAL DRAW
AS Monacao v Borussia Dortmund

PSG v AC Milan
NOTE: Both games will be played at Wembley. Since the 'group replays' and 'country clashes' are avoidable, the draw is made that way.

Last edited:

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dortmund keeper was too good For us. We could have won this but that early strike lowered our confidance. A loss infront of home fans is not good at all.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
I apologize, I can't really put my time in games for a few days due to the studies. I unwillingly, again, have to keep this on hold; I'll try my best to complete this asap though. It's just three matches, I know, but still....

Users who are viewing this thread