Editing question - stuff apart from AI/graphics/sound

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering if there was any way to map a quick save button for the game, so it's easier to save at the beginning of every over?

Also, the ability to edit the AI's field setups would be good, because some of them are rubbish and too many include the fielder who catches too many cover drives.

I'm sure I'll think of other things and everyone else, feel free to add your ideas. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Since the tests rarely go to five days, it'd be good to either be able to reduce the days in each test, or reduce the overs per day. The new ball could be taken earlier, so that comes into play more and the ball's/pitch's deterioration could be sped up.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
yes steve, AI field settings are so unrealistic, colin said we can edit it if we try becouse its in USER.DAT.. i sure dont now how, cant we get one of our PC boys to do something about it ?

robertporter

Club Cricketer
the thinks i donot like are the runouts are to often like 5 per innings, and the ran rate fair to high like 10 per over i don't like these things is there a way to fix them yet

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
In EA Ckt 07, the game was greatly improved by:

Stump/pitchad changers
Umpire changers
Weather changers

Will these be possible for Ashes 2009?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
On the subject of editing stuff, it would be great if we could find a way to move slips/keepers in a bit for pacemen? That would improve the situation with the edges.

D

Dutch

Are the AI feild settings the ones noted in the user data document? Or is that something else? I am keen to do some experimenting on it.....:help

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Are the AI feild settings the ones noted in the user data document? Or is that something else? I am keen to do some experimenting on it.....:help

colin says its in user.dat. then it could be easy to edit... but some thinks its in .w32 which will be problmetic as far as i know. anyway i dont know much about all that mate and you dont ask codis about it as well, they may not be fans of you after yesterdays interviwe hehehehhe

D

Dutch

I'm no longer convinced about the info in the user.dat being the info used.

Cheers Colin. I tried altering some of the info to see whether it would shift the fielders. Game hung!!:noway:( I am going to keep mucking about. You never know. I don't really know what I am doing but ah well you have got to start somewhere haven't you!?:)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can't remember who, but someone posted a thread about changing the catching colours. I think they should be changed: the green colour blends in with the sky too much, it would be better a bit darker.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's great that we've got pitches that deteriorate over time and all that, but why does the weather stay the same for the whole damn match? If it starts overcast, it stays like that for the full match - this takes away some of the strategy of batting or bowling first. Do you guys think anything can be done about that? It'd be great if one day could be cloudy and the next sunny, for example.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Another annoying thing is once a bowler reaches 'timid' it's tremendously difficult to get him back up to even be confident. Surely, at the beginning of a spell, especially at the beginning of a day, a bowler's minimum should be 'confident'?

Users who are viewing this thread