Editing the Game - Consoles

thevicky

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

Long time lurker on these forums, first time poster.

Just wondering, having often heard Jomie and the other guys at Trasmission/Codies talk about making the game the "PES" of cricket whether the unlicensed players and teams can be as easily modded as the ones in PES.

More specifically is there an "option file" type of system that committed modders can use and then upload for the benefit of others to save to their systems hardrives? (I know this is true for the PS3 version and I assume it is the same for the XBOX360).

I have seen some of the mods done on here for other cricket games (PC versions obviously) and they are just amazing. Personally, I know I don't have the skill, patience or time to get anything even close to the quality of what I have seen on here.

It would be fantastic if console owners were able to take advantage of the editing skills of other users and the benefit is not for those with the PC version only.

Cheers

Hi All,

Long time lurker on these forums, first time poster.

Just wondering, having often heard Jomie and the other guys at Trasmission/Codies talk about making the game the "PES" of cricket whether the unlicensed players and teams can be as easily modded as the ones in PES.

More specifically is there an "option file" type of system that committed modders can use and then upload for the benefit of others to save to their systems hardrives? (I know this is true for the PS3 version and I assume it is the same for the XBOX360).

I have seen some of the mods done on here for other cricket games (PC versions obviously) and they are just amazing. Personally, I know I don't have the skill, patience or time to get anything even close to the quality of what I have seen on here.

It would be fantastic if console owners were able to take advantage of the editing skills of other users and the benefit is not for those with the PC version only.

Cheers
Why guys like you start talking about editing the game:mad: and bla bla bla let it release first then only the talented people here can decide whether it is editable or not or at what degree it can be edited(specifically for cosoles).

Apologies if i've wasted your time in making you read this thread...

I suppose I should have made it more clear that the question was more directed towards those who have knowledge regarding the way information is saved etc. (apologies - i know nothing about programming or the correct terminology) or even those who may involved in the development process on the assumpion that the way these edits are saved do not differ vastly from previous codies games.

I suppose what got me thinking along these lines is the oft repeated statement from transmission to make this series the "PES of cricket games" and I know that a key part of PES has been the ability to edit unlicensed features and share the edited content by means of the option file.

I know that there are two different player databases. The first is the default one which will live somewhere in the game's files/archives. The second one contains all your own personal rosters, so all name changes you've made, etc. will be in there. This one is likely to be the one you'll need to be looking at for console editing. We'll have to wait on the file formats and organisation though, but be assured that the first thing I'll be doing is getting straight into editing the databases.

Why guys like you start talking about editing the game:mad: and bla bla bla let it release first then only the talented people here can decide whether it is editable or not or at what degree it can be edited(specifically for cosoles).

Jeez, give the guy a break! It's a perfectly reasonable question.

Thanks to lazy_chesnut for his constructive answer.

Jeez, give the guy a break! It's a perfectly reasonable question.

Thanks to lazy_chesnut for his constructive answer.
Dude I know the question is reasonable but its answer lays in the release of the game that's just what I said :p

In an Interview , Rob told that the console versions are editable. In fact, they will be providing the patches :)

Dude I know the question is reasonable but its answer lays in the release of the game that's just what I said :p

You where very rude actually.

I was a serious question that people could answer, and I hate to agree with hitterman, for many reasons, but he's got it right. Rob did say that to some degree the game would be editable, whether he was talking about PC or console versions is up for debate.

In an Interview , Rob told that the console versions are editable. In fact, they will be providing the patches :)
There's a difference between their patches and 'patches'. They won't release a patch to add fully licensed teams and kits and while you can edit the player names and lineups, you won't be able to get real faces and kits on consoles.

I don't get why everyone was having a go at the guy who started the thread. I read that there would be a PES edit system too.

But Matt just said it's only for names and lineups.....so it's not quite a PES edit mode :(

You can do faces and stuff, but the faces are generic rather than being able to 'build' them like you can in PES. But there are a lot of faces available as I remember.

I said about 50 in the review I did, but that's 50 white faces, there are about that number again for black and asian faces. Anything you can change on a created player can be changed on an edited one.

Names and lineups are not the full extent of editing teams, you can even change the team names, but the most significant things like kits and faces are not editable on consoles. There is a large selection of faked kits other than the main teams, that cover most colour selections, and even come with their own menu colourings.

That 'PES of Cricket' comment was probably more speaking of the game overall, not the editing features.

Users who are viewing this thread