Story Englan VS Pakistan (nPower Test Series)

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England VS Pakistan (nPower Test Series)

The first of the three test matches takes place at Edgebaston in Birmingham. The Teams are as follows.

England XI

Marcus Trescothick
Andrew Strauss
Micheal Vaughan
Mark Butcher
Graham Thorpe
Andrew Flintoff
Geriant Jones
Ashley Giles
Matthew Hoggard
Steven Harmison
James Anderson

Pakistan XI

Mohammed Hfeez
Taufeeq Umar
Yasir Hameed
Inzamam- Ul- Hq
Yousef Youhan
Shoaib Malik
Moin Khan
Saqlaim Mshtq
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammed Sami
Omar Gul

No real surprises in the England team except from James Anderson. Although his skills as a bowler are good there are others who may have been preferred such as Simon Jones. It will have to be seen whether he can justify his selection.

Pakistan have won the toss and have elected to bat first. The conditions do seem to suit the batsman but with great bowlers such as Matthew Hoggard and Steven Harmison leading the attack Pakistan are going to have to bat well to get the upper hand.

Last edited:

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
Day 1
Lunch

Pakistan 82/4

Inzamam- Ul- Hq 9*
Shoaib Malik 0*
Yasir Hameed 26

Ashley Giles 6/2
Matthew Hoggard 20/1
James Anderson 31/1

The first session of the series and one that went very much in Englands favour. In just the 3rd over Steven Harmison forced an edge from Mohammed Hfeez but it went over the slips head. The exact same thing happened in the very next ball. It didnt take very long for Hfeez after that though as after a few edgy shots he edged the ball to Vaughan at slip and was gone for 15.

It all got very frustrating for England after that. The bowling got a bit slack, edges were not carrying and the parrnership between Umar and Hameed was going strong. It took a change of bowler to get England back on top and that man was Ashley Giles. In his second over he trapped Umar and got him out lbw for 25.

In the next over James Anderson stepped up the pace, seemingly inspired by Giles terrific bowling. He bowled a great bowl finding the inside edge of Hameeds bat, which chipped up and was caught by Vaughan at short mid-on.

Pakistan looked very edgy after that and couldnt really find any space. They were frustrated and it started to show.
Ashley Giles bowled a slower ball in the 26th over and a weak shot from Youhan went straight into Graham Thorpe's hands at silly point. The very next ball did the same but the ball found its way to Mark Butcher, who put the catch down.

Lunch hit at a key time for Pakistan who need time to recouperate. The next wicket will be crucial. If England get it quickly than Pakistan will really have their work cut out but if Pakistan can put together a good innings then they can find their way back into the game.

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
No sorry i dont know how to do screenshots? I know about the print screen function but they never come out well. Do you think you could tell me how to do good screenshots. Thanks.

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
Day 1
Tea

Moin Khan 8*
Saqlain Mshdq 3*
Inzamam-Ul-Hq 56

Ashley Giles 12/3
Andrew Flintoff 5/1
James Anderson 31/1

After lunch England were in a good mood and once again got of to a great start. Straight away a Matthew Hoggard bowl was edged thorugh the slips but unfortuneately went for 4. However not long after Shoaib Malik chipped up a cracking bowl from Ashley Giles and it was held easily by Butcher at silly point.

It was all Pakistan for a while and they looked as if they were in fine form with Il- Uq scoring well and Khan keeping his wicket and staying strongly in. After facing just 55 balls Il- Uq got his 50 and England looked in trouble. Vaughan felt a change was needed and he decided to bring on Freddie Flintoff. Straight away he had an lbw appeal turned down, much to Khan's relief. Vaughan decided to set a slightly more defensive field. This frustrated the aggresive Il- Uq and this led to him going for a big hit and mis-hitting it, much to the relief of Flintoff who watched the ball land in Hoggard's hands at Mid- on.

Khan and Mshdq have managed to keep in there but it is unlucky they will get big scores due to Englands terrific bowling. A low score is likely and England will be hoping that they will not have to chase a huge target against this under perfoming Pakistan side.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by NoBetterFool
No sorry i dont know how to do screenshots? I know about the print screen function but they never come out well. Do you think you could tell me how to do good screenshots. Thanks.

Use Fraps. Pretty simple enough to use. I use version 1.9D even though I have XP. It works well.

http://www.fraps.com/downloads.htm

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
Thanks for that evrybody that is a great help. Starting from Day 2 i will start in cluding pictures. The patch i am using is Tutsi AI patch 5.0. Is that his latest one? I am also using Sam's Exe and Sam's Cursor.

NoBetterFool

School Cricketer
Day 1
End of Day

Pakistan 202/10

Inzamam-Ul-Hq 56
Yasir Hameed 26
Taufeeq Umar 25

Giles 28/5
Anderson 40/3
Flintoff 13/1

England 78/1

Andrew Strauss 15*
Micheal Vaughan 0*
Marcus Trescothick 33

Mohammed Sami 22/1
Umar Gul 5/0
Shoaib Akhtar 31/0

The day finished with Pakistan feeling as if the test had already slipped away from their grasp, after a tailend collapse and poor bowling gave England the edge. The days final period saw Khan lose his wicket to James Anderson as he edged it to third slip allowing Ashley Giles to catch it.

The partnership between Akhtar and Mshdq was slow but they managed to keep there wickets until the 62nd over until Anderson again got a wicket, this time caught in the slips by Butcher and that was the end of Akhtar. Pakistan Collapsed after that and it wasnt long until Mshdq and Gul both fell to Ashley Giles, caught by Geriant Jones and Matthew Hoggard respectively.

So with an hour left England came out to bat and primarily they were hoping not to lose any wickets. However poor bowling saw Strauss and Trescothick score quickly and Pakistan were not helping themselves, bowling numerous byes. England did lose a wicket, Trescothick was bowled out by a clever Mohammed Sami yorker.

So Pakistan have time to think and they must now know that if they do not improve tommorow they will find themselves in quite a predicament.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by NoBetterFool
Thanks for that evrybody that is a great help. Starting from Day 2 i will start in cluding pictures. The patch i am using is Tutsi AI patch 5.0. Is that his latest one? I am also using Sam's Exe and Sam's Cursor.

I think there are more recent patches than that. Tutsi has released 6.0 and 6.1 I believe and Ravi (crick4life) has released version 12.0. He is planning to release an test exclusive patch.

Users who are viewing this thread