England in Australia

Simbazz said:
On English pitches, which dont bounce anything like the Australian pitches. Strauss is usually quite a good player when it comes to getting on top of a bouncing ball, but his pulling and hooking needs working on. He hasnt got a think on my pulling ability ;)

No, he struggles against left-armers regardless of bounce. He struggled against Pathan on tepid India pitches, and he struggled against Vaas on English pitches too. Bracken or Johnson would have his number methinks.

Simbazz said:
Dont get me wrong, i rate him as a bowler, but just not test match bowling. He proved that he could do it in the OD arena

I'm still on the fence with his test bowling, he hasn't been given much of a go to show what he can do. In England he would prove a handful as he has best match figures of 7/4 in a first class match.

I also find it rather embarassing that England fans, players and commentators are actually praying for it to rain.

aussie1st said:
I'm still on the fence with his test bowling, he hasn't been given much of a go to show what he can do. In England he would prove a handful as he has best match figures of 7/4 in a first class match.

That's pretty good; What match was that?

Looks Puddle's 2-3 overs prediction was spot on. Kevin you chump.

Gotta him! Lee gets KP well that will relieve the pressure on him now :)

evertonfan said:
I also find it rather embarassing that England fans, players and commentators are actually praying for it to rain.

That's pretty good; What match was that?

Pura cup match against South Australia they were all out for 29.

End of day 5;

GO Jones; 224*

AF Giles; 101*

You know it'll happen.

The only thing I can hope for now is a Jones 100 to shut his critics up. The more likely thing is probably a Jones 10 though.

Just hit two 4s of McGrath, looks like hes cemented his spot for the rest of the tour ;)
Jones is batting very positively but Lee has bowled too many balls asking to be hit. Needs to get into the line of uncertainty.

Lovely to hear the Barmy Army in unison at last. It's just great to know that no matter how bad the team are doing, the Army and the rest of the England fans are always behind the team. The only field we have outplayed Australia in during this Test match has been the supporters volume.

Seven no-balls and a wide for Brett Lee. Seems to have hit a bit of dodgy form lately. Although having said that, his dicsipline was never that great anyway.

Cya later Jones, played on to his stumps pity that as he was looking good but McGrath gets his man in the end.

Damn, couldn't even see a hundred in this dismal Test match for England. Saying that though, Hoggard's due a big 'un...

And just in case people moan about Jones 'failing' again, just take a look at Strauss' and Flintoff's batting first.

Last edited:
Too late to drop Jones now as you guys picked him already so unless he has an absolute shocker which he hasn't he will be there for a few more matches yet.

Boycott is giving an excellent analysis on Brett Lee's bowling on RL5; Saying that Brett tries to experiment too much rather than focusing on a consistent line and length which inevitably, leads to more four balls.

He's also saying that he wouldn't drop him for Adelaide because he gives another dimension to Australia's bowling, ie, a raging quick to comply with Clark and McGrath who are the same type of bowler.

And the Barmy Army are still going. Such great devotion.

Last edited:
What I would like to see with Lee is him getting back to his form when he first debut, he was an awesome sight to watch back then. I still think hes stuck between bowling fast and bowling line and length. He needs to pick one or the other and stick with it.

Agreed on the dimension but we could also go the 5 bowlers with Lee 7, Warne 8 and Clark 9 the only worry is Gilly's form but if our top 5 go like they have this match that won't be an issue.

Clark bowls an absolute ripper to get rid of Giles.

Users who are viewing this thread