England men v women?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still, not 50/60. They will score at least 130/140. Some of their players are really talented. And the others will chip in singles and twos and keep the scoreboard ticking.

I would bet my life on it that a Womens team would not make 130. Going from facing 115-120kmph bowlers to facing 140+ bowlers would be very difficult. I've played against Tim Southee who would smash 115-120 bowlers all around the park, he looked so good. But when you watch him face 135-145 kmph bowlers he looks horrible. The Women would be no different.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The gulf in bowling speed and batting power would result in an easy and resounding victory for the men. As has been mentioned in the thread earlier, the women are used to facing 68-72ish mph bowling, they'd be pretty clueless against Broad bowling at 93mph, Anderson swinging it both ways in the late 80's and Flintoff bowling yorkers at 90mph. I reckon all the County sides would beat the women very convincingly as well.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In terms of achievement, though, of course the women have it well over the men! They did the grand slam today (50 over WC, 20 over WC, Ashes) and the men are nowhere near these accolades.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My friends school team played England women in a T20 and won, ftr.

Users who are viewing this thread