English County Cricket

Hardtarget

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,

I am wondering if someone may be able to help me out a little here please in regards to the English County Cricket.

I started a Full Season playing as Lancs and so far have played 2 matches, the first was against Sussex and the last one I played was against Northamptonshire, now what I don't quite get is this, is my bowling that good that the opposition do not try and score at all? only I bowled both teams out for just under 80 runs, most of those were my errors like no ball's and mis-fields, the batsmen only got the odd single or two runs, and maybe fluked a boundary, but other than that they just left each ball or played on the defensive?!?! even when they had filled up there confidence bar!!! :confused:

I have Sams.Exe and the AI updates 9b beta installed only and am playing at the medium difficulty level, does this update not apply to County Cricket? or ?????

Please if someone can help me or point me in the right direction for the correct update I should be using I'd really appreciate it :D

Many thanks in advance

Hardtarget ;)

Does seem like low scores. What pitches are you playing on - if they are damp / wet scoring runs is hard. If they are green, lots of edges and mistimed shots.

What is your batting like score wise? If you are out-classing the sides with your batting, try switching to hard mode. That may take a while to adjust, but you will enjoy the games more.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Aha yes I did'nt think of that, the pitches I have played on so far have both been wet/damp.

As for my batting well put it this way, its plain and simple a Joke! lol :D although it was particularly bad when I used Sam's Exe, the one where the cursor does'nt appear until the last minute!, but I got the little program to bring back the cursor to make it easier for me to learn to bat, and while I use that now, my batting is improving slowly, last time I played my final innings I got 184 runs ahead, and declared because I knew that on their peformance in the first innings the opposition were not going to get that many to win! lol so I now am at something like 24 for 6 in their final innings! lol

So at the moment it looks like I am outclassing the AI with my bowling!

Normally I'm a disaster at games! :rolleyes: :D

Cheers

Hardtarget ;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hardtarget
Hi,

Aha yes I did'nt think of that, the pitches I have played on so far have both been wet/damp.

Being an English county tour I thought this maybe the case. Good old English summer. Looking out of the window now though...

A normal / hard wicket will give you a good feel for your batting as it is probably easier to time the ball, and the harder outfield means more boundaries, which means the confidence meter rises, which means timing is easier, more boundaries... etc. etc. I find the others difficult (which is good) but if you are new to the game, it can be frustrating.

Yep the weather right now is pretty good although I heard on a News program here in Cambridgeshire that this Summer is going to be a total wash out!!! mind you after last years freaky Summer I for one won't mind, as that heat was much too much!! :rolleyes: :D

As for the pitch types thanks for explaining that it helps alot :D

One final thing I'd like to ask and that is should I stick with the 9 beta patch or is their a better one to download? or do I stay as is? I guess I want a different outcome in every match and not the same each time, I mean these 2 matches had the same outcome for me and I thought Oh No not another game that is weak in the AI department :rolleyes: :(

Still can't have everything sadly :( :D

Cheers

Hardtarget ;)

I've heard mainly good things about Ravi's ver 9 patch. The last one of his I used was ver 6, which unfortunately had a bug that meant the cpu constantly left straight deliveries. Therfore bowled out for next to nothing.

I am currently using Tutsipoppy2's ver 3.0 patch - of which I believe an update is expected soon. Myself and a few others have been making suggestions to him, so I will be trying his new one when it arrives. Be rude not to really...

Patches are usually down to each individual's style. Some people like the game easier or harder than others. Some prefer 1-day games and others prefer test matches. Some like aggressive cpu batting - others more defensive, etc.

All I can suggest is that several people have been working hard on their own preferences and styles. Try a few and find one that suits your style and level of game.

Also meant to add that it is worth checking out the many "stories and tours" section of this forum. I think almost everyone has posted difficulty, levels - the .exe they are using and which AI patch version (if any) they are using. This may give you more of an idea of what variety is around.

Incidentally, if you are not already - I would suggest using Sam's .exe file as this resolves some of the bugs in the game.

Many thanks for that and I'll take alook at those threads and find what I need that way, you've certainly helped alot though, thanks

Hardtarget ;)

Users who are viewing this thread