Exclusive Cricket Revolution Trailer Release

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
websiteplaceholdercs0.jpg

Our good friends at Mindstorm studios, the people working hard to bring you Cricket Revolution, will now be using PlanetCricket’s CR forum as their official forum. This means that you, members of the forum, will have access to the latest news regarding the game. In addition, our Mindstorm liaison, Co-Founder and VP-Gaming Faraz Ahmed, will visit the forum regularly to answer any questions concerning the development of the game.

Another perk of being Cricket Revolution’s official forum is that we get to host an exclusive trailer for the game. This trailer features never before seen actual gameplay footage.

Click here to download the exclusive Cricket Revolution Trailer (640X480)

Gameplay trailer released 8/23/09

According to Faraz, Cricket Revolution now has a fully playable multiplayer experience that was recently used in a closed 16 team tournament that yielded very exciting results. The developers are working hard to bring the gamers the most balanced and competitive multiplayer gameplay to date in a cricket game. Stay tuned to the PlanetCricket forums and the Cricket Revolution website for the latest news and future release dates.

Feel free to comment on the trailer in this thread.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Looks like a very fun online game! Looking forward to this! I didn't like that the batsman was able to sweep so easily off the pace bowler though. Also, before people say the batsman was batting really far from the stumps I have a feeling they did that on purpose to show the batsman getting clean bowled. The pitch probably needs to be a little bit bigger as well. On the whole however, I'm excited!

kalavala

Club Cricketer
Gameplay looks a little different, which is great, towards the end of the trailer you can see that they have actually implemented the so called "century stick" in a small area where ball placement was manipulated. Also, the animations for the shots + the catches etc seemed a lot more realistic.

Seam bowling seems good (judging by seam placement of the ball in the hand). I hope this game is still realistic given its "arcade-style approach" that Mindstorm studios have adopted.

We are yet to see a good realistic cricket game that gives you the feel of being out there... lets hope this one does not dissappoint!

International Coach
looks pretty good....ofcourse gameplay is everything.

Highlander999

ICC President
That does look pretty damn good. As the other have flagged up though, realism is key. I particularly like that pull shot that was caught, looked very realistic. Also the quick stumping as well was... :thumbs

I hope that with us now being the offical forum for this game, Mindstorm read our comments and take them into consideration.

Well done also to whoever organised all this with PC being linked with this. Hopefully the community and Mindstorm can work together to make this top class :)

lilbrookesy

School Cricketer
Looks alright better than any other game ive seen although ill leave my judgement until a demo is released :D

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
WOW, for a online game it looks and acts quite good. some parts fo that video were very realistic such as the edges and hook. others were not. The bowling action could be improved slightly.

Apart from that its fine and i welcome a demo being released.

Allrounder18

Banned
Well I have a mixed feeling after watching the vdo but more positives than negative ,let me clarify it

+The batting and fielding animations are top notch.
+The amount of power generated by shots are close to real.
+Graphics are quite good.
+Special deliveries are very cool and quite realistic as well.

-Fast bowling speed is too slow.
-Fast bowler action is poor.
-Almost every time the batsman looks dumb when he gets out.

Last edited:

caty.501400

School Cricketer
tats truly gud to hear tat cricket revolution is coming soon..but a sincere suggestion to the developers would be to keep in mind the flaws the existing cricket games have like lack of stadiums in india(sub-continent basically),array of stroke play,providing a wider range for ta shots in the gameplay, and mutiple styles of batting,bowling,fielding and the attitudes shown in the game as well.Plus also make sure the realism is maintained and the game might also be developed in career or might as well in story mode(like playing a calender year of cricket with a particular team).

apesnani

Club Cricketer
Positive
Batting shots look great
After the batsman hits the ball, physics look good

Negative
Everything to do with bowling
horrible bowling actions, one action looks like a clean chucker
ball physics look like they are defying gravity
since when did fast bowlers become loopy

If anyone wants to see what realy ball physics look like, please check out Cricket 96

playkid12

Club Captain
This looks horrible. I don't know why people are even excited for it. The graphics are horrible, the animations are choppy at best, and it looks barely realistic as far as shots and bowling actions go.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I can confidently predict that members here will not like this game, it doesn't look like a simulation it looks like an arcade like version of cricket, much like BLIC and we all know how well that went down. Hoping some of those out shots were for effect rather than a representation of the game. Still left thinking wtf is with the stadia, I know its not licensed but how about some generic looking stadiums it's not the Crystal Maze!!

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I can confidently predict that members here will not like this game, it doesn't look like a simulation it looks like an arcade like version of cricket, much like BLIC and we all know how well that went down. Hoping some of those out shots were for effect rather than a representation of the game. Still left thinking wtf is with the stadia, I know its not licensed but how about some generic looking stadiums it's not the Crystal Maze!!
I believe that there are fantasy stadiums in the game.

Graphics certainly don't look bad to me, and I think it's definitely too early to predict what the gameplay will be like, but so far it looks impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread