RACING F1 2011 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gameplay is due on Friday apparently. I don't know if that's videos from the community event, or Dev Diary 2 though. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Looky here, gents!

Driver celebration looks fantastic. :D

Another vid.

Apologies for the driving - he was using a pad and is used to a wheel. :)

And another:

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
First F1 2011 trailer. This game looks and sounds amazing:

This car's engine has well and truly gone out to lunch - you can even see a spring. Boooiiiing!! :D

enginefailure2.png

Another video:

Note that in some of these vids, damage is set to off and the AI is set low, but in the one above, AI is apparently set to 'Hard' - one below Legend and damage is set to off. Should be interesting... :)

Watching it now - the engine sounds so much better than last year's. :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
We've been doing some 'detective work' over at Codies forum - and what we see is an accident, followed by that yellow flashing light below the 'SC' sign - and after that, the cars in the distance appear to be going round in an orderly fashion. The general consensus at Codies is that the SC will be in the game. :)

In any case, there can be no doubt: that SC sign is on. The signs were in F1 2010, but you never actually saw them working the way they are in that video. Interesting...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think they hope to have a safety car in place but don't know whether it'll be functional in time for the release. That's only going on what the guy in the link above has said, though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think they hope to have a safety car in place but don't know whether it'll be functional in time for the release. That's only going on what the guy in the link above has said, though.

Thanks for the review. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Look at this video - it clearly shows the SC sign off at the start, but it comes on after the accident. My view is that the SC is very close to making it into the game. Also, remember it's an official trailer - why clearly show something like that if the SC isn't in the game? It's not hidden in any way - it clearly shows the SC lit up with a flashing yellow. :D

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We shall have to wait and see. Would be an excellent addition.

ps. Whoever made that video is incredibly sad. Please tell me it wasn't you ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Some fantastic news from a preview event for the German Grand Prix:

Fuel/tyre sim in combination with timing seems to be pretty accurate, on a 12 lap Turkey race the fastest lap went from being in the high 1.31.XXX to 1.29.6XX, with this year's fastest lap in Turkey being 1.29.704.

AI seems a lot better, I raced them on hard and had to really do my best to keep up and they outwitted me on expert. Codemasters even had to tone down the AI for this preview build, because they were just too quick they told me. They weren't that witty with DRS, but Paul Jeal affirmed that it was down to having too make this build a little easier.

Yes, had several AI cars go off on Turkey, some just for a moment, others crashed. Their cars would stay on the place where they crashed for a few laps.

Sounds like the AI will put up a proper fight now, and we can laugh at them when they crash - 100 times better than watching them just vanish a few seconds after retirement. :D

Users who are viewing this thread