Favourite variation of cricket

What is your favourite variation of cricket?

• Total voters
Beach Cricket, with an open boundary in the water, my dog flying for catches and us less skilled human beings diving into the surf to take some screamers :)

I love backyard test matches. You bat all day, all by yourself with 11 wickets against the single bowler. Only one boundary line, straight back behind, but the bulk of the runs are from quick ones and twos. These matches are tests, and they last forever, with unlimited innings until we get bored or someone loses by a follow on twice (Lead of 60 runs or something).

Hellz yeah.

Backyard Cricket. Always good to get out the size 4 10-year old bat and bat for all day tiring out my brother and the dog. Good times.

taped tennis ball indoor cricket(on the streetS) is definately the best

Backyard Cricket. Always good to get out the size 4 10-year old bat and bat for all day tiring out my brother and the dog. Good times.

Yep. Mandatory rule to get out the old, busted up tiny cricket bat from the shed for backyard cricket. You can't use your brand new 200lbs Kahuna :p.

Street cricket is awesome too. Every time a car passes by you have to scurry to get the wicket (usually a brick or something) out of the way, clear the field, grab the ball and move to the side of the road. As soon as it passes by, you quickly reset your fields and go about your business. Then you watch for the pedestrians, especially the old lady that keeps walking by and seems to have a ball magnet for a face. :p

Users who are viewing this thread