Features List

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
0794cricket_pc.jpg

Description:
-----------------------

After a fantastic showing for EA SPORTS Cricket 2002, Electronic Arts are ready to relive all the excitement with EA SPORTS Cricket 2004.

The excellent EA SPORTS Cricket 2002 provides a solid foundation from which to move this franchise upward to a level in line with other PS2 2nd generation titles. Undertaking an 18-month development cycle will provide the opportunity to pack the game full of additional features and options. Developing such an environment and atmosphere will keep the cricket franchise at the forefront of sports game quality.

Features:
-------------------
  • All the international teams and players including astonishingly high detail in the players’ faces and bodies, including varied player sizes.
  • Full licenses from the ACB, ECB, NZ Cricket and the South African Cricket team
  • 75 accurately modeled stadia, including various pitch types and conditions, detailed real time weather effects, and night modes for Day/Night matches.
  • All new Motion Capture allowing improved player animations including form and injuries.
  • Flexible play allows the player to be fully involved in the selection of batsmen and bowlers, the placing of fielders. Chose manual fielding, or simply let the intelligent AI position your fielders for you.
Not to mention the season mode. That should include tour matches against Presidents XI's etc, the ability to pick your players, promote players etc and take on a whole realistic season.

Fingers crossed for a great game.

T

Tim

Yeah this game sounds great, especially if the graphics are better,gameplay is better ( which i think wud be awesome coz i like everythin bout 2002!) and the season thingy also sounds good

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
For a good review of the alpha version (partly complete) of the game go to ZDNet Australia. It gives a decent preview of the game along with the earliest screenshots.

A

abid

yeah guyz this time it will be a great game.looking forward to it.

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Everyone's looking forward to the game. Everyone's hoping everything that stopped Cricket 2002 being a brilliant game is fixed and some decent new things added, that work fully, will make Cricket 2004 a great game.

eric

School Cricketer
It has full licences from NZ and SA, does that mean it will include the state championship, sheild and max? Because I would like because ING and English country cricket doesn't appeal to a kiwi.

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
In an interview with Cricket World today, Andrew said that there would be domestic teams from England, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand. But that there would be no Twenty20 Cup. :(

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I read the interview the same way as James, there will be domestic cricket from all 4 countries. I'm currently in the process of clarifying that, I'll update when I've done so.

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
You can go to Cricket Web and read the interview here. It's just answered with a yes, which doesn't exactly give a guaranteed answer. But I read it as Andrew saying there will be domestic teams from all four countries.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Right, it seems that there will be domestic teams from several countries but you will only be able to play the domestic comps from England and Australia (minus 20/20 of course).

Users who are viewing this thread