Few queries

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Folks,

First of all let me congratulate the 'Art Of Cricket' team on trying to do something that Codemasters and EA haven't achieved, or don't even want to try, i.e. create a game for hard core cricketing fans. By cricketing fans I mean the sort of people who understand that scoring 50 for no loss in 25 overs on the first morning of a test under leaden skies is not boring, the people who would love to grind out a score of around 250 in a 50 over match rather than 400+ that is currently possible on EA and BLIC games.

I went through the FAQs and saw the shots available to a batsman and have a few queries regarding the same :-

1. Can the batsman place a ball in a 360 degree arc a la BLIC, or you can only place the ball in certain pre-defined paths like EA Cricket 05 (or 07).

2. How do you loft the ball in the air? I saw that there were a few loft shots available but what if I want to play a lofted backfoot drive? Will all the shots have a lofted version?

3. Will there be chip shots? I mean when the batsman simply chips the ball over the infield but not too forcefully as a lofted shot. Generally, chip shot is slightly less risky as compared to lofted shots as chip shots rely on timing and not just the brute force as in lofted shots.

4. When saving a game, can I resume the game and select the team? For example, I am batting as Eng team against Aus in a odi. After the 50 overs are over, i.e. my innings is over, I save the game and resume the game and select Aus as my team so that I can bat and chase the score I put up as Eng. I generally prefer batting over bowling and as such I would love to put up a score and then chase it myself. Also, this enhances the game's shelf life as you can always play against yourself and never really get bored.

5. Will the game have Advance down the wicket shots and stumpings?

Looking forward to the reply :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
1. I'm not sure about this one, but from seeing the videos I think so.

2 + 3. Batting works on a power bar system. If you play a shot in the top zone of it, it will mean it is lofted. If you stopped it at the top you would try to clear the rope for 6 but if you stop it near the bottom of the top zone then you will chip it over the infield. (LM would be able to explain this a lot better than me.)

4. I'm 95% certain you can save in the middle of a game but nothing has been said about switching sides.

5. There is no button for advance down the wicket shots. However, you can move the batsman about at any time you want, and that includes left, right and coming down the pitch (not sure about taking aa step backwards.) Therefore stumpings are there.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Thanks for the response RabbleRouser - it sure looks like a cracking game.

Users who are viewing this thread