omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To keep your PC Healthy & Virus Free do the following:

Recommended Antivirus Softwares
Kaspersky Antivirus
NOD 32 Antivirus
AVG Antivirus

Kaspersky - Kaspersky Antivirus will give you toughest protection against various viruses, malware etc. It also gives you protection from Internet threats.
It scans fast. It does slow down your PC a bit but it gives the toughest protection from viruses.

NOD 32 - This AntiVirus software has the fastest scanning for viruses and it does offer good protection from viruses. but if you have a PC with Internet I recommended to use it with a firewall. I suggest Ashampoo Firewall (FREE)

AVG - This is also a good Antivirus and most the users prefer to use it. and grisoft is also offering a free version of the Antivirus software.

Note: If you want to use AVG AntiVirus Free Version I recommend to use it with a firewall.

Registry Cleaners

Registry Mechanic

There are thousands of Registry Cleaners but I recommend Registry Mechanic because it helps to improve the speed of your system boot.

Note: If you install Registry Mechanic launch it and select "Optimize your system."

Disk Defragmenting

Auslogics Disk Defrag

The Disk Defragmenter in Windows is a bit slow to defrag your Hard Drives so use a 3rd party software for this. these softwares defrag your Hard Drives faster. (Recommended Auslogics Disk Defrag)

Additional Tips

Perform Virus Scans atleast once in a week.

Regularly scan windows registry for errors.

Remove unwanted games/software they consume lot of memory.

Perform Disk Cleanup to free some of the Hard Disk space.

Defrag your Hard Drives it will certainly improve the systems performance. especially the drive on which your Windows is installed.

Hmm....you seem to be forgetting a lot of things. For example: No antispyware?? Webroot SpySweeper is the overall best, but a non-freeware anti-spyware. Out of the freewares, I suggest Lavasoft Ad-Aware, it is simply excellent. I was also surprised at the fact that you forgot the free firewalls-Comodo & ZoneAlarm. AusLogics DiskDefrag is great, and I personally use it. And CCleaner is a useful file and registry, and is also one of the best. And in the free anti-virus category, Avast might also prove useful for some too.

Last edited:
Pfft, Zone Alarm. Leakier than a boat with no bottom.

If you want a free firewall, get Comodo.

Good guide btw.

How do you know if you have a virus? I scan every week with several of those packages (AVG, AVG Anti-Spyware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware 2007) and I avoid 'dodgy' sites, so I think I'm doing all I can. But what sort of behaviour does your PC exhibit when infected with a virus and can you do anything about it short of a complete Windows reinstallation?

Thanks for your help!

How do you know if you have a virus? I scan every week with several of those packages (AVG, AVG Anti-Spyware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware 2007) and I avoid 'dodgy' sites, so I think I'm doing all I can. But what sort of behaviour does your PC exhibit when infected with a virus and can you do anything about it short of a complete Windows reinstallation?

Thanks for your help!

You can easily understand if your PC has been infected by a virus or not. you will notice strange behavior of programs. for e.g program closes automatically without the instruction from the user. etc

Last edited:
nice tips.i have kaspersky installed. it is the most fastest antivirus with all the features for security. ex anti-spy,anti-spam etc

nice tips.i have kaspersky installed. it is the most fastest antivirus with all the features for security. ex anti-spy,anti-spam etc

Try installing Kaspersky Internet Security it has anti-spy etc.

I also use Kasperksy :) it is a great antivirus and give tough protection ;) i still remember, once i cheked a file with Norton and it showed me that it contains no virus, then i installed it and after few minutes i found my computer cannot find many exe files :mad: I went to my friend place and then check the same file with Kaspersky and found that files got over 3 virus :mad: So bottom line .............. Norton Antivirus = Dangerous Virus

I also use Kasperksy :) it is a great antivirus and give tough protection ;) i still remember, once i cheked a file with Norton and it showed me that it contains no virus, then i installed it and after few minutes i found my computer cannot find many exe files :mad: I went to my friend place and then check the same file with Kaspersky and found that files got over 3 virus :mad: So bottom line .............. Norton Antivirus = Dangerous Virus

Totally agree with you Stay Away from Norton Antivirus/Internet Security.

I have used avg for the last 6 or so months and think its great. Doesn't use any system memory (currently 1,452k)

AVG is what i use, and im still here with a fairly clean laptop :p i say fairly as i know of one bug which i cant remove, i think its called Cricket 07 :p

Users who are viewing this thread