Field Patch - Download!

S

sonic

**ATTACHMENT REMOVED - PLEASE SEE THE TOPIC "FIELD PATCH 2.0" FOR THE UPDATE**

Guys, attached below is my Field Patch.

When making this patch I had a few things to take into consideration. Originally I was just going to set defensive fields from the offset. But this would be unrealistic as test sides in real life do not put 5 men on the boundary at the start of the match. However, I have ensured that their is plenty of cover, before the aggressive and attacking fields had no boundary cover, but their are now three - tight and standard have 4 and 5 men out deep, whilst defensive and retreat have 6.

I have spent the past two days analysing each bowling type in relation to where the "hot spots" for runs are and have made sure that these areas are covered well. You will find that the longer you progress in your building of partnerships, gaps will be very hard to find, and from the start you will have to be on your guard. The AI of the game automatically resets the field placings to "attack" when wickets are lost, but I have combatted this by ensuring that incoming batsmen will not get the run fest they used to in their first 40-50 runs, and you will need to keep your eyes wide open for those little spaces.

There are 6 fields for each different bowling type (fast/legspin/offspin/swing) in tests and 3 fields for each bowling type for one day internationals. One day fields were harder to adjust due to restrictions on the field but I have done my very best to make scoring runs as hard as possible.

Please let me know what you think, if you would all prefer the fields to just be defensive then I can do that easily, but by doing what I have done ensures that the game is kept realistic, and it would probably be a bit too much to have 5 men on the boundary at the start of an innings anyway

Extract the file "Editor" to c:\program files\EASPORTS\Cricket2002\data

Overwrite existing files, but please be certain to backup your original "Editor" file just in case

Thanks
sonic :ice:

R

radaga

good work sonic, that makes it much better, expecially in tests :up:

kenpat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the first time I've tried anything like this Sonic I'm looking forward to a more realistic test experience.
Thanks

S

sonic

Thanks Guys B) I am already working on an improved version - I have found that by moving the mid-off boundary round by one position reduces runs even more. Also I am going to move the fielder in line for "hook", that needs moving back by 2 positions so that he is square of the wicket almost. Everything else is pretty much well placed, but I will put version 2 up later 2nite hopefully :up: Thanks again :rolleyes:

S

sonic

By the way, I can actually set one day fields to any number of fielders (i.e no restrictions) so, basically there's no more rules of having only two men outside the circle in the first 15 overs, and even the uplift of the maximum of 5 fielders on the boundary. I didn't include this in the patch because I wanted to stick to the rules of the game (which I thought everyone would prefer anyway). But if everyone would like me to make unlimited field restricted placings for one dayers then let me know, it could be fun opening an innings against 6 men on the boundary - but then I guess that wouldn't be criciket ? :blink: :D

thanks

T20

Panel of Selectors
Sonic,

I tried you patch but most of the fileds have no cover on the off side for drives/cuts. need to have some fielders there mate. btw good idea to have 2 fielders on sweep..I guess one short fine leg and one deep should check the runs there..

S

sonic

Shailesh, I have moved the position of the offside drive boundary in my update, this now prevents boundaries in that area. i may yet add a couple more tweaks, just keep the ideas coming

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread