Fielders are too fast

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure you guys have noticed that the fielders are way too fast, and it makes running twos and threes almost impossible. Is there anyway that their speed can be reduced so that the game will be slightly more realistic?

It might also be good if the speed of the ball travelling along the ground were reduced, perhaps by increasing the friction. This would also help us to score without having to always hit boundaries

it is a bit annoying cuz they zip accross the field! i hope this is not the case in the real deal!

easy 3's are cut into 1's or close 2's?? This should be fixed as Twenty20 would be very difficult.

Have to say I haven't really noticed that; certainly got a fair number a two's by finding the gaps in the field e.g. late cut to vacant third man. Perhaps it's the legendary Aussie fielding prowess being accurately reflected in the AI fielders....or not :p

bhail256 said:
it is a bit annoying cuz they zip accross the field! i hope this is not the case in the real deal!
One can only hope that is not real deal. but I think it is. We will have to rely on our fantasic team of mod members to slow the fielders down I think.

I thought fielders were fairly slow in Cricket 2002 and 2004 making it too easy to get 4s. I often found that for every 50 scored, 40 would be from boundaries which is quite unrealistic especially for defensive players. I was hoping fielders would be faster in this version to help cut this out but I havn't played the demo myself so I can't see just how much faster they are.

I just hope fielders make more of an effort to stop 4s in this version.

Pietersen24 said:
I thought fielders were fairly slow in Cricket 2002 and 2004 making it too easy to get 4s. I often found that for every 50 scored, 40 would be from boundaries which is quite unrealistic especially for defensive players. I was hoping fielders would be faster in this version to help cut this out but I havn't played the demo myself so I can't see just how much faster they are.

I just hope fielders make more of an effort to stop 4s in this version.
Oh yes they do make an effort to stop the 4s... the effort is so much that you get runout going for the first run itself. :) :D

The fielding does look more realistic but as other people have said,they move across the field to quickly,thus making it harder to feel more realistic when batting.

wassup wit the diving stuff man.... they diving in the air and at the same time they throught the balll... What are they? superman?spiderman?

sallu said:
wassup wit the diving stuff man.... they diving in the air and at the same time they throught the balll... What are they? superman?spiderman?
Wonder Woman.

cant understand one thing...first ppl are saying the gameplay is slow, now they are saying fielders are too fast..cmon guys..cant have it all

they don't run they glide and have you noticed that in cricket 2004 there were no diving catches in the outfield. But in this game they're pulling off seemingly impossible catches every second shot! :eek:

EDIT: They could at least get it right, i mean thats what we're paying them for.

Last edited:
razzreloaded said:
cant understand one thing...first ppl are saying the gameplay is slow, now they are saying fielders are too fast..cmon guys..cant have it all
U r too biased man EA Cricket 2005 as far as the demo is concerned, it sux; I can see where Ur comin from (Ur bro works in the dev team as U confessed b4), but then again I think Ur takin it too personal; even if Andrew Wilson was related to me I would say "Andrew Ur game Sux can U do something about it son" :D

razzreloaded said:
Well, if we can't have it all can we just pay half the price for the game?? If we can't have it all then why should EA have all the money for a "can't have it all" game?? have you heard of customer satisfaction??

Users who are viewing this thread