Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

Saying that you had assumed that I'd conversed with Biggs about yourself is pretty much saying there is some sort of conspiracy.

Anyway, happy to move on, I would say that just because someone doesn't want to be seen as a "yes" man does not meant they need to be a "no" man either.

I didn't mean it that way. God forbid.

When have I been a 'no' man. I've always been positive and made constructive comments about the game.

PS - did you fix the tour thing?
Unfortunately (fortunately for him!) the programmer that would normally look at this has just had a baby, so we're going to have to give it to someone else in the meantime. I'll get onto MikeM about it tomorrow and see what can be done!

Okay I have this on pc played 3 t20s and 2 odis. Game is much better now. Regardind edges I got some when bowling but only to keeper not to slips, well this aint a big issue for me but when batting and playing defensive I ocassionaly edge to keeper so I rarely press the defensive button now.

Indeed.

Consider I read every post, it becomes a bit of a mash as to who has the game and who hasn't.

I thought that @zombieian had the game, I was confused.

----------

If that were true you'd have a point, it's not. There are many conflicting opinions on what is or is not in the patch and what is or is not fixed (or fixed enough).

Now, I think I've said as much as I can.

I do have the XBox version of the game.
When I have patch 2 I will give you my opinion of it. Until then, I have to rely on others giving their views and commenting on them. Their comments are in no way my opinions. There, is that ok?
That was fun.;)

Nice AKA @blockerdave. That should bear some weight on this forum. NOT! :)

Last edited:
We assumed it was WIn 8.1 that was an issue and then this was repeated in this "review".

We later found the issue was having 100+ friends.

Unfortunately (fortunately for him!) the programmer that would normally look at this has just had a baby, so we're going to have to give it to someone else in the meantime. I'll get onto MikeM about it tomorrow and see what can be done!

Ok... Good in a way as I noticed an additional issue. When this happens what I assume should "my" tour is replaced by an empty entry. I went into it thinking it might have my tour details but lost the tour name, not so it's the default settings but without any tour name (not even template xx). If you select one of the options to edit, it crashes to desktop.

Nerve of the guy having a baby at a time when fate of the universe hangs in the balance! Get him back ASAP and get him working on the 3rd patch that Ross promised will be out by next week :mad

Nerve of the guy having a baby at a time when fate of the universe hangs in the balance! Get him back ASAP and get him working on the 3rd patch that Ross promised will be out by next week :mad

Our programmer didn't have a baby, he doesn't make up one of those Stats that @Chief spoke of :)

There are plenty of guys in the office to pick up his code.

I think this one can be viewed two ways tbh. Today alone for myself while attempting to test bugs mentioned today, I had numerous edge chances. So much so it was annoying me because I wanted them to hit it in the air! :p

I believe if you bowl at a high enough quality, you will be getting those edge chances. If you're jumping to a higher difficulty level too quickly, you will be more unlikely to get those edge chances as you won't be bowling consistently enough at a high level.

Can I ask what factors determine high enough quality (pacers, not spinners)

For the jump is it leaving it as late as possible (just avoiding a no ball), and for release getting it 'perfect' (e.g. when seeing the visual readings in match practise mode?)

Just checking as often when bowling I deliberately release ball early/late to vary the length, but if this has an impact on how high quality a delivery is I will reconsider?

I think I got some updates from steam yesterday any changelogs? Jogging fielders and AI fielders toned downed? Now I have played a dozen of matches but couldn't run out the AI so far :(

been waiting like forever for someone to come online..... in quick match :(

edit: is it a known bug or i'm just unlucky!!???

Last edited:
Can I ask what factors determine high enough quality (pacers, not spinners)

For the jump is it leaving it as late as possible (just avoiding a no ball), and for release getting it 'perfect' (e.g. when seeing the visual readings in match practise mode?)

Just checking as often when bowling I deliberately release ball early/late to vary the length, but if this has an impact on how high quality a delivery is I will reconsider?

@HBK619 i'd love to get some more info on this too. i have just bowled another 45 overs this time on Pro, more than half with seamers and not even a hint of an edge. i was not being carted around (as in the 101 over stint) and again getting visible swing, but no edges.

i took 4 wickets, a clean bowled where the batsman (set, on 43) played a ball on middle stump (it did swing admittedly) by stepping outside leg and trying a cover drive missing the ball by miles, 2 caught in the deep off the spinner, and a caught behind - but not off the edge a "too fine" leg glance with a super catch. (hilariously, the batsman was on 99)

incidentally, all of these catches (and the ones in my innings) were attributed as a c&b on the screen that shows up as the batsman walks off, although the actual scorecard showed the correct catcher.

i'm perfectly prepared to accept i am not bowling well enough to get edges, but it's hard to know how to improve/change. i am mixing up length, i am mixing up delivery type and speed, not haphazardly but to a plan (e.g. 2 bouncers, 3 length outswingers then a full inswinger) but basically they either middle it or miss by a mile.

any guidance gratefully received.

Last edited:
hi, I played a t10 with England and New Zealand, I tried to replicate the bowling that AI does (I didn't use "real world" strategy) and I got 3-4 edges with Anderson and Broad, but they didn't carry to the wicketkeeper.
I was using hard wicket with cracks. I'm not expert, I used bouncers and slow ball, if they are not confident I tried to go around the wicket and bowl outswing to the off stump, so if they defend they can edge the ball (it happens to me when I bat).

Users who are viewing this thread