Fistpumping, estatic moments.....

D

Dutch

After a couple of comments in a different thread I thought this might be a useful and entertaining lark...

Have you ever had a fistpumping, ecstatic moment in a cricket game? You know, where you jump out of the chair, high five the cat and dance about like a moron because you got that final wicket, challenge or whatever?

If not, what would be a fistpumping, truly memorable moment for you in the upcoming Ashes 2013 game? (Hopefully this will lead to ideas and insights into what we really need to feel this game will bring us what we have all longed for...the Olympus, the Holy Bail....THE GAME!)

Three loads of bollards, I spelt ecstatic wrong in the title....can some good soul rectify it as I dont seem to be able to change it.....I hate making speling mistaces.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
The only thing ive had that comes close to that, was an ODI where the score was tied, and i won in a super over! But tests are to easy to win. So ive never had any kind of good competetive test match.
A "fistpumping" moment on ashes 2013 for me. Would be if i was able to have a close hard to win series. I think if i was to loose a test due to the AI batting and bowling sensibly, ide be well chuffed!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes. In multiplayer on Lara 2005.

Played an awesome Ashes series with a mate. All tests went at least 4 days.

Having made something around 400 batting first I had my mate struggling at 23-3. At 260-3 Clarke and Ponting were starting to get annoying. He was batting with impeccable concentration and I couldn't buy a wicket. It had been something like 2 hours and I was starting to think I would concede a first innings lead such was his comfort. It was approaching the new ball, so I turned to a part-timer medium pacer. For 4 overs I bowled nothing but gentle late away swing to a packed off-side field. Then, I did it. I swung an off cutter back in. He aimed a cover drive, and I leapt from my chair with genuine joy as leg-stump clicked back and I had ended his 250 run partnership. I ended with a 50 run lead, and as we both struggled as the pitch started to get lower (and as such length balls would actually be hitting the stumps instead of going 50 feet over everytime) I eventually won by 19 runs in the best test match of the series at the start of day 5.

To this day, no cricket game has ever come close to replicating the multiplayer elements.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Friend and I way back in the day used to have some EPIC battles in Cricket 97 one-on-one. Was so much fun, but it was more arcade than reality. Certainly had a lot of fun placing fielders and trying to out-think each other once we'd figured out the various flaws and weird stuff that happened due to the AI.

...at one stage we'd designed uniforms and teams for each contest, kept our own records and all sorts of stuff.

spooony

Club Captain
Chasing 692 in 20 overs I manage to pull level with 1 ball to go. Smashed the final ball for 6 to win the game haha

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Everytime I implement a wrong 'un plan successfully I get immense satisfaction. Early in a test match, I start bowling out-swingers on good length and then just when I think batsman is predicting it, I bowl that fuller in-swinger. More often than not I get the guy out but even when he gets away with a edge or an ugly defensive shot, it is equally satisfying.

Also, when bowling with a leggie, a surprise straighter one is also something which makes me happy. :)

I think you've to be a bowler in real life to connect to what I'm saying. :yes

spooony

Club Captain
Two step forward and smashing the ball out the stadium. I mean it goes till where the graphics end and still flying lol I would love to see the distance of the different sixes on get in the game

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Beating Mark online in AC09 in the only match I have beaten him.

If you want the most hardest level of AI that can be produced in cricket game then just replicate him

Users who are viewing this thread