Freewares

I

indyan

Well in todays world people say that nothing is free.But prooving them wrong are the freewares.But,most people are not aware of them.Many people pay for what which can be got free.
So let's biuld a list of the best of the best freewares.

Here are three Three best of the best freewares(ofcourse according to me).Please add yours.
1. IrfanView
IrfanView is a mainly compact, easy to use image viewer. More than that, you can also edit images directly in IrfanView, to produce a variety of effects. IrfanView was created by Irfan Skiljan.

It?s the best tool that I have seen for picture file conversion (from 1 format to another).
You can carry out Batch Conversion/Rename. One can create slideshows and screensavers. Load photo CD. Print images. It can also get images from TWAIN compatible devices. And much much more. Here?s a list of format?s supported by it.

AIF?, ANI, AU?, AVI, B3D, BMP, CAM, CLP, CPT, CRW, CUR, DAT?, DCM/ACR, DCX, DDS, DIB, DJVU, DLL/EXE, DXF, ECW, EMF, EPS, FLI/FLC?, FPX, FSH, G3, GIF, ICL, ICO, IFF/LBM, IMG, JP2, JPG/JPEG, JPM, KDC, LDF, LWF, Mac PICT?, MED, MID, MNG/JNG, MOV??, MP3, MPG/MPEG?, MrSID, NLM/NOL/NGG/NSL/OTB/GSM, OGG, PBM, PCX, PGM, PhotoCD, PNG, PPM, PSD, PSP, QTIF?, RAS/SUN, RealAudio, RAW, RLE, RMI, SFF, SFW, SGI/RGB, MrSID, SWF, SND?, TGA, TIFF/TIF, TTF, TXT, WAD, WAV, WBMP, WMF, WMA, WMV, XBM, XPM, (NEF, ORF, RAF, MRW, DCR).

? Microsoft?s Media Player program is required for these formats.
? Apple?s QuickTime program is required for these formats

Get the program from http://tucows.conova.com/files2/iview390.exe (801 KB)
Get the plugin's from http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/all_plugins.zip (5547 KB)

2. Proxomitron
I am not including the full features list.You will get that in the help file.
Here's a partial list of what the Proxomitron can do "out of the box"
(not that it was ever in a box mind you)
? Stop windows that pop-up, pop-under, or pop-over
? Stop those un-closable endless banner chains
? Stop pop-up JavaScript message boxes
? Remove web-branding and other scripts tacked on by "free" web providers.
? Convert most ads and banner pictures into simple text links
? Freeze all animated gifs
? Make blinking text appear as bold instead
? Remove slow web counters
? Stop web pages from "auto-refreshing"
? Prevent pages from changing fonts
? Get rid of or replace web page background images
? Protect against getting "trapped" inside someone else's frames!
? Make all frames resizable
? Close top or bottom frame banner windows
? Protect against getting "trapped" inside someone else's frames!
? Make background MIDI songs play only when you choose.
? Remove status bar scroll-texts
? Remove "dynamic" HTML from pages
? Disguise your browser's identity and version from JavaScripts
? Remove style sheets
? Un-hide URLs when the mouse is over a link
? Disable frames or tables altogether
? Change or delete cookies
? Change your browser's user-agent and other identifying fields
? Hide where you've been previously from inquisitive web servers
and, as they say, much, much more.

Get Proxomitron from http://www.proxomitron.info/files/download...ad/ProxN45j.zip
Get the filters from http://www.jd5000.net/proxo/JDList_10-24-03.exe
It?s recommended that beginners use the basic filter.

3. SpyBot - Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you worked on. And for professional users, it allows to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.

Get the latest version from http://www.spybot-updates.com/files/spybotsd13rc4.exe

Some other freewares I like are Zone Alarm,Avg Antivirus,Virtuadub,Winamp(well the version 5 isn?t really a freeware)

Please let this list grow.

E

electioneering

The best freewares that come to my mind are:

1:>Spyware Blaster(Easily beats any other spyware-detection and removal program)
2:>TuneXP(a really 'Unique' performance enhancing program for Windows XP)
3:>VideoLanClient(Awesome Video Player->supports almost all video files)

I get info of all the latest and best freewares frm http://www.shellcity.net
This site is updated daily and lists all unique and utility freewares.It also has
many softwares(or shells) that u can use to modify the look n feel of ur system.
Awesome site.

R

ricky123

;) i just go to klitetools.com and get the freewares, many reasons to do so ,

1: it is reviewed by the experts
2: the owner of the site is my internet friend
3: i have been a part of klite since a long time and i trust them.

I

indyan

Ricky I wanted to have a list of the best of the best freewares so why don't you add yours.
Soyware Blaster is a good program for protection and prevention but it is not a spyware or adware remover.
I am going to try VideoLanClient though I doubt if it handles more video formats than Irfan view,which handles everything even EA Sports picture format.

I

imported_Rollo

Zonealarm is one of my favourite freeware. It's a firewall with lots of security settings and a program control unit.

I

indyan

Btw,has anyone tried the three softwares I listed.Believe me they are really Gems.Try out Proxomitron and Irfan View.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by indyan@May 2 2004, 05:37 PM
Ricky I wanted to have a list of the best of the best freewares so why don't you add yours.
Soyware Blaster is a good program for protection and prevention but it is not a spyware or adware remover.
I am going to try VideoLanClient though I doubt if it handles more video formats than Irfan view,which handles everything even EA Sports picture format.
B) u will find all these softwares including irfanview and videolan in klitetools.com

they have the best versions and also legal hack versions ,

videolan is a good player not only to view movies but to preview it too .
it doesnot use vidoe compression thats y it can almost play any movies .with best quality.

i dont have time to list softwares cuz i use many ,it will take agesfor me to list them all , but i would surely tell u one software which is based on my name ricky klitetools 2.5.0 this is a p2p software , the maker customised it for me . :D

E

electioneering

Originally posted by indyan@May 2 2004, 05:52 PM
Btw,has anyone tried the three softwares I listed.Believe me they are really Gems.Try out Proxomitron and Irfan View.
yeah,i tried irfan view.Cool.

I

imported_Rollo

I don't have much freeware as I buy most of my software but FRAPS is also good freeware, it lets you take screenshots.

I

indyan

Fully Tweak and config your XP in just a single click!

Welcome to [dexter]'s Super XP AutoTweaker!

[NOTE:I am quoting [dexter] so where ever I is mentioned take it to be [dexter]

The Super XP AutoTweaker is a compilation of tweaks and settings that I found from various sources (web, mags, etc), and also some of my own discovered tweaks, all in a fully commented, single .reg file!

The advantage of using a single .reg file to customize all your windows settings are many:

1) In situations of reinstallation, fresh installation, deployment, etc, where you apply the same set of settings always. Dont you just hate having to always do the same tweaks every time you install XP? Now all YOUR tweaks are just a click away!

2) The .reg file can even be integrated into an XP install CD to automate the customization process at install time itself (T-13)

3) You can easily edit the reg file with notepad and add/customize the tweaks according to your system/requirements

4) Theres no need to install any tweaking program again! Once you have configured the file for your system, you can always apply all your tweaks in one go anytime anywhere!

5) There are more than 160+ settings and customizations in this file! But its categorised and fully commented so that even a newbie can understand it!

6) Small file size: Since its a reg file, the file size is extremly small- only 40 KB!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Get it from here

Note:You don't need to register to download or view.

I

indyan

Vineet does this page contain web-bugs???
Proxomitron+web bug plug-in(the un-official version...so can't be sure) identifies web-bugs.

R

ricky123

B) u have to keep in mind that this is a very old ipb board , :P

I

indyan

Originally posted by ricky123@Aug 10 2004, 07:38 PM
B) u have to keep in mind that this is a very old ipb board , :P
hmm...u r trying ur best to cinvinve him to upgrade..rn't u? :P

Users who are viewing this thread