Frets on fire

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anybody play Frets on Fire?

Iam not a player of guitar and don't like Rock music but this game is so damn good - pretty hard as well!

If you dont know what it is, its basically "Guitar Hero" for PC! You use your PC as your "Guitar" and you strum the Enter button and use F1,F2,F3,F4,F5 as the note things.

Its a free download at 30megs its a very good small download, but you need to download the song packs for it. You can basically play any song in the world, you can download songs from heaps of artists like Queen, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, My Chemical Romance etc.

If you want to download game click here , its great I recommend it even if you don't play guitar like me.

Does anybody play Frets on Fire?
I do, and quite like it. A friend of mine told me about it a few weeks ago and I've gotten fairly good at it. I normally get between 75 and 90% accuracy on Easy, depending on the song, but still haven't managed to get a five star score, so I'll stay on Easy until I can. I changed the strum key to space and that improved my accuracy a bit.

The only criticism of the game I had was the first thing I noticed, five strings. Every bass guitar I've seen/played has 4, and every Electric one I've seen has 6. Though I'm sure there is some obvious reason for that.

Guitar hero has 5 as well.
This sounds good, i play guitar hero on the PS2 and i love it. Im not that bad at it now either.

I do, and quite like it. A friend of mine told me about it a few weeks ago and I've gotten fairly good at it. I normally get between 75 and 90% accuracy on Easy, depending on the song, but still haven't managed to get a five star score, so I'll stay on Easy until I can. I changed the strum key to space and that improved my accuracy a bit.

The only criticism of the game I had was the first thing I noticed, five strings. Every bass guitar I've seen/played has 4, and every Electric one I've seen has 6. Though I'm sure there is some obvious reason for that.
Wow, thats pretty good accuracy compared to me lol I only got it today because someone brought it in to school today and I thought it was pretty cools so I went home and downloaded it. I can only play on easy on particular songs but I play on supereasy because Iam in now way a musician. My sister however plays anything (clarinet, keyboard, flute) so she is way better then me.

Guitar hero has 5 as well.
This sounds good, i play guitar hero on the PS2 and i love it. Im not that bad at it now either.

Yeah, its Guitar Hero for the PC. Its fantastic and its free! Bonus! You can download song packs from torrents which is pretty good.

:o Haha, Not even this game? It doesn't take that much, 128 RAM I think.

I spoke too soon:
FretsOnFire 2007-09-19 19-22-46-39.jpg
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance on Easy. Oddly despite being 5 stars, and I got a thing telling me 'perfect', it wasn't my highest score on the song.

Edit: But this is my high score as well:
FretsOnFire 2007-09-19 19-34-05-12.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thats pretty good Matt. Did you download that song in a torrent pack? Or Individually?

Downloading now. Sounds fun!
Thanks Hooper! Reps for you! Have to share. :(

Btw, where do you get the songs?

Wow, thats pretty good Matt. Did you download that song in a torrent pack? Or Individually?
Individually, I prefer to pick and chose rather than get a whole bunch of random songs I'll never play.

This is a cool game. But only 3 songs. And for some reason, it keeps shutting down after 5 minutes. :(

ANyone got any clues? Did I download the wrong one?I downloaded the first link.

Individually, I prefer to pick and chose rather than get a whole bunch of random songs I'll never play.
Where from?
@Sean
Yeah, thats the one I downloaded. Works fine for me. Maybe the resolution?

Yeah, you need to download more songs. Just google them. You can get torrents with like 300 songs!

Users who are viewing this thread