FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

With my membership I can look up the difficulty of people's leagues if they want me to :)

I'm in the 26th hardest OD league (which is the hardest third division league in the world), the 16th hardest T20 league (again the hardest third division league, and harder than the first division Pakistani and Irish leagues), but only the 34th hardest Youth league

Also, Tindall has taken 6 wickets in my current game and has 1 over to potentially take the last two wickets

Bloody hell. Phillips still needs 3 wickets to surpass 400 career OD wickets (200 for the club) :facepalm Now I'll need to keep him for probably two matches next season.

Today's result would decide who came third as I played the team equal on points to me and a good all-round performance guided me to an easy win. Baldry took 4/55 while Phillips took 2/47 and Moxly 2/53 as we restricted them to 253 and Pettinger led the way with 84 while Murch made 54 at the top of the order and O'Leary smashed 57* off 41 balls to guarantee a 3rd placed finish, Oldroyd helping him with 29* on the way to a 6 wicket win with 5.2 overs remaining.

Chewie: Can you please check my ranks for all 3 leagues

OD: 5.1
Youth: 5.3
T20: 6.1

It's easier if you just post your team name, much quicker to find them.

FTP : New Match Orders Page

New Match Orders Page

An example of the new page can be found below:
Youtube Video

Installation date : During the end of season updates on October 16, which happens to be the game's 4th birthday (hooray!)

What is different?
- You can use drag and drop to alter the batting lineup (which should be quicker and more intuitive that using the drop down lists)
- You can use drag and drop to alter the bowling spell order (again, should be quicker and more intuitive)
- The structure of the bowling spells reflects the logical order of overs to be bowled. Note that the over numbers for each end are displayed to the left and right of the bowling orders section (eg 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 down the left, 2,4,6,8,10 etc down the right)

What is the same?
- The new orders page has no effect on the match engine itself.
- For phase 1, the orders page offers pretty much exactly the same functionality as the current one, in that there are still 10 fixed length bowling spells

What next?
- I'm sure there will be a few bugs crop up, because the way bowling orders are stored has been completely rewritten. Once these bugs are ironed out, further changes will be made so that....
- Managers will be able to specify the length of each bowling spell and will be able to specify more than 10 bowling spells per match if desired.
A sample screenshot of how the orders page might look once 'phase 2' is implemented is below.

attachment.php

Attachments

• orders_phase2.png
    orders_phase2.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 39
Yea I saw that on the forums a few weeks ago

Yay... finally managed to win a game. Won against Agrid..:cheers

Crap, I only have 3 youth players that have reasonable+ bowling. Most of my bowlers plus my all-rounder are only 17, and I don't have any spin bowlers so I'll need to get a couple of decent new bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread