FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

well you could have meant buy one of my players to improve your bowling :p

Ok, I suggest only to bowl Trebilcock for his full 10 overs straight and then have John Brennan open the bowling with him but only bowl 5 overs, because he is only reliable endurance and is a fast bowler so he's more likely to get wayward (as you can see, he was tired through 8 overs). If you're playing on a pitch that favours seam bowlers, have either Steele or James Brennan bowl as first change so they'll bowl with Trebilcock to finish his 10 overs. If the pitch favours spinners like this one, it might be a good idea to introduce spin a bit earlier so bowl Van Der Burghton as first change. After the 20 overs have been completed, bowl your other fast bowler that you haven't used yet or if you had used a spinner for them 5 overs, bowl them both between overs 20 and 30. Anyway, before I make it look too confusing, I'd just have this as the spell numbers. (First for spinning pitch, second for pace bowlers pitch, on a normal pitch, I'd normally just change things up a bit more)

Trebilcock 1,3
John Brennan 2,10
Van Der Burghton 4,7
Steele 5,9
James Brennan 6,8

Trebilcock 1,3
John Brennan 2,9
Steele/James Brennan 4,8
Van Der Burghton 5,7
Steele/James Brennan (Whoever didn't bowl the other spell) 6,10

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I wouldn't have your spinner bowling last as they are likely to go for runs. I'd rather have them restrict the runs in the middle of the match. I only have Tindall bowl at the death because of his talent.

I never bowl anyone for their full spell in a row. And I always have my spinner in the middle overs.

I beat Zorax by 2 wickets. A pretty close game, despite my match rating being nearly 10k more than his. I'm actually holding my own pretty well in the top division
10-15 more runs and I would have had you. That's the problem with green, it weakens my batting.

well you could have meant buy one of my players to improve your bowling :p

Ok, I suggest only to bowl Trebilcock for his full 10 overs straight and then have John Brennan open the bowling with him but only bowl 5 overs, because he is only reliable endurance and is a fast bowler so he's more likely to get wayward (as you can see, he was tired through 8 overs). If you're playing on a pitch that favours seam bowlers, have either Steele or James Brennan bowl as first change so they'll bowl with Trebilcock to finish his 10 overs. If the pitch favours spinners like this one, it might be a good idea to introduce spin a bit earlier so bowl Van Der Burghton as first change. After the 20 overs have been completed, bowl your other fast bowler that you haven't used yet or if you had used a spinner for them 5 overs, bowl them both between overs 20 and 30. Anyway, before I make it look too confusing, I'd just have this as the spell numbers. (First for spinning pitch, second for pace bowlers pitch, on a normal pitch, I'd normally just change things up a bit more)

Trebilcock 1,3
John Brennan 2,10
Van Der Burghton 4,7
Steele 5,9
James Brennan 6,8

Trebilcock 1,3
John Brennan 2,9
Steele/James Brennan 4,8
Van Der Burghton 5,7
Steele/James Brennan (Whoever didn't bowl the other spell) 6,10http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/images/smilies/laughing.gif

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I wouldn't have your spinner bowling last as they are likely to go for runs. I'd rather have them restrict the runs in the middle of the match. I only have Tindall bowl at the death because of his talent.

Exactly what I was thinking.... :lol

Seems a solid set of suggestions.... I'll give the seamers pitch a go as my default... see where that leaves us.

Cheers

Nice to see my guys are still hanging around

do you bowl your spinners for their 10 overs in a row or not?

You still need to go at like 3 an over to stop me from getting a bonus point. And considering you've only scored 52 runs in 15 overs, it won't be too easy. All I need is one wicket to get into your really bad tail. One poor batsman, one dreadful and 2 atrocious.

Spinners?? Spinner you mean lol

And no its split 5th and 10th

29 runs off the last 10 to stop the bonus point going to be tough.

As for the tailend batting.... dont remind me

I was talking to Chewie, lol :p

Cause he said he never bowls his bowlers for 10 overs in a row and bowls his spinners in the middle overs, which means he sort of has to bowl them 10 overs in a row. Damn, guess I won't be getting the bonus point.

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

tweaking hell. Brennan has been dropped 3 times in the space of an over, and 4 times in the innings, and twice in a row just then.

Nah I don't bowl them for 10 overs in a row. It works somehow.

Ah... Brennan's made 37 :eek: good effort there.

At this rate least I can say you didn't bowl me out.

Cant wait for my final senior match... god we could get over 600!! lol

If I play 2 spinners they bowl 5 and 8 and 4 and 7

Can we get skipper in division 2 in place of dud teams?
Win by default really sucks when you are certain of a bonus point

Users who are viewing this thread