Funny but True Bangladesh story

Hicky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Before the 1980 ICC World Cup, which was held in England, Bangladesh were looking for friendly opponents a few days before their group game in Worcester. They contacted the Worcestershire County Association, who were able to offer them one available registered opponent, The Lamb and Flag CC, a pub team with no home ground.

The Lamb and Flag were delighted to accept this fixture, and managed to secure a borrowed venue for the big game. Come the day, Bangladesh won the toss and put the pub team into bat. The Lamb and Flag scored 234 off their 50 overs against the Bangladeshi attack ! As you would expect (even if they would probably struggle these days), Bangladesh got the runs for 5 down with a few balls to spare. Behind the bar of the Lamb and Flag there is a commemorative pennant and photo album celebrating the team's big day.

The team's next fixture was against a village team from Worcestershire, and the Lamb and Flag were all out for 77.....

S

sonic

im surprised bangladesh actually won, having said that, being an england fan we've a few humble results ourselves over the years, lest we forget the west indies tour of 94 when we got done for, oohhh 43 :( i can't remember the last time australia got a real hammering?? anyone?? bomber?? :P

S

sonic

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>by the way, i find it an insult that a team like england should have to travel to places like bangladesh, i mean come on, i know they need to develop, but they are right next door to india/pakistan/sri lanka...why don't they just play them...they only have one "real" test ground, dhaka i think, the other stadia look like a school teams wicket! england will not gain anything from playing over their other than embarrassment perhaps, have you seen their pitches :o :P</span>

Users who are viewing this thread