Game crashes on startup

rickdar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I seem to have a major crash problem. Every time I start the game, it goes into the first image screen, then it shows the loading bar below, and then the game just crashes to the desktop. I have tried running the game at different resolutions, reinstallation, directx reinstallation, but the same problem comes us again and gain. I am using win xp, 256 MB RAM.
Any suggestions?
Rick

Definetly sounds like a driver problem.

Also try registry clean it helps me in similar problems.

I have an Intel 82815 chipset-based system with integrated graphics and 32MB of video memory.

It is an issue with Cricket 2004 btw-
? I have an onboard intel graphics card. Will Cricket 2004 work?

You can try but almost certainly not. You'll need to upgrade your graphics card

What are the rest of your specs (motherboard etc)

This game has no support for Intel's onboard graphics card...so you need to buy a seperate Graphics AGP Card like NVIDIA Geforce Series (32MB or above).

I dont know where you are staying but India...you'll get a 32 MB Graphics Card [Box Pack] for somewhere around Rs. 3,000....or you can buy a top quality one which will allow you to play games in the future as well.

The one I have currently got is NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti4600 128MB. (and not FX4600 which I accidentaly posted in one of the forums)

This game has no support for Intel's onboard graphics card...so you need to buy a seperate Graphics AGP Card like NVIDIA Geforce Series (32MB or above).
Does your motherboard have an AGP slot?

You've got exactly the same problem as me. I've got an Intel graphics card and it won't work. I'm gonna have to buy a new one too.

Actually I dont think onboard video is officially supported by EA but in case your motherboard is farily new and the onboard gfx is something equivalent to GF4MX class, you might be able to play the game. My friend played it with onboard gfx (it was an i845gv if Im not wrong).

Users who are viewing this thread